Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

LastFM scrobbling not working anymore after update

LastFM scrobbling not working anymore after update

hi,

even though lastFM is connected (no need to repeat this, I checked, it is connected), LastFM stopped scrobbling. I can see the Spotify track being played on LastFM, but when it gets to the end its not scrobbled.

any chance you will fix this soon?

7 Replies

"Last.fm staff have confirmed that Spotify's internal scrobbling is dysfunctional on the newest desktop Spotify (version 1.0.80) and it also seems to be the case with the newest update of the Android app.

I suggest connecting Last.fm's scrobbler app to your Spotify account. Read this last.fm announcement for more information and guidance."

Same here. No matter what I do about it, it doesn't scrobble. Webplayer and Last.fm scrobbler extension on Chrome works fine atm, just like Spotify Linux client on my desktop.

Also Last.fm sent an email this morning saying the way the scrobble works between Spotify and Last.fm changes. 

thanks, that's exactly what i did (I mentioned it already).

I was just asking if this is temporary and perhaps if it's gonna be fixed soon.

I was experiencing the same issue (Scrobbling now shows but it doesnt save when the song is over)

Did you see a screen like this one? This fixed it for me

screengrab.JPG

Thank you very much, I tried it but it doesn't work very well:

many scrobbles were doubled and a few of them are totally missing.

Still better than nothing, so thank you.

Hey @w0lkenstein

It is recommended to disconnect from Last'fm in Spotify's settings. Sometimes, when both the last.fm app and the connection in Spotify's settings are allowed, scrobbles can double.

Last.fm app doesn't support local files right now. I suggest reading this topic for more information and help on Spotify Scrobbler. 🙂

Hope this helps; have a nice day!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

One problem i have with this solution on my Android is, that i cannot remove the lastFM account from the Spotify settings. Although i deactivate scrobbling i get a notification saying that my lastFM credentials are wrong. This pops up regularly. Even if i remove my username from the credentials it will not be deleted.

I really dont want to reinstall the app because of settings and downloaded songs.. Should be a simple fix for the Spotify developers.

Suggested posts