Free

Country

Italy

Device

PC desktop

Operating System

Win7

My Question or Issue

Since I moved to a new office, casting form Win7 to Chromecast had encountered several issues.
1 - First and more annoing is that casting stops every 60 minutes. Precisely. Have to click on cast icon again to restart casting.
Had tried to cast other browser tabs and all works fine, so I assume it's a Spotify related issue.

2 - Sometime casting doesn't even start. On tv can just see the Spotify logo, then after some time  cast disconnect.

3 - Desktop app DOES NOT connect to chromecast unutil casting hase been activated from web APP (browser)

Well, very very disappointed. Wondering what a Premium plan would be worth for.

Regards

Piero

2 Replies

Hey there @PieroA

Thanks for reaching out to the Community about this. 

We're currently aware of an issue causing the behavior you describe. We suggest you go to this Ongoing Issue and add your vote to it by clicking on the +VOTE button. 

Make sure you follow the steps provided under Status Update as well. 

It'll also be useful to subscribe via the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up to date with any relevant updates about this.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any more questions. 

3 - Desktop app DOES NOT connect to chromecast unutil casting hase been activated from web APP (browser)

Good news!

You can now find Chromecast in the connect "devices available" menu in the Spotify desktop app. Now you can cast your music to Chromecast from the desktop app without having to use the iOS or Android app or web player first.

Make sure your Spotify desktop app is up to date

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts