Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution Queue keeps disappearing

PlanFreeCountryUSA Device Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueAfter an ad plays, all the songs in queue keep getting erased. Very annoying bug

• Roadie
  • Plan Free Country USA   Device   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue After an ad plays, all the songs in queue keep getting erased. Very annoying bug
  • morcejo
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Music is not heard when changing user in Windows 10 Home

None of the information below is required. However, the more you provide, the easier it will be for us to try to help you.PlanPremiumcountrySpainDevicePCOperating system(Windows 10 Home) My question or problemI have a PC with Windows Home 10 and 3 di...

• None of the information below is required. However, the more you provide, the easier it will be for us to try to help you. Plan Premium country Spain Device PC Operating system (Windows 10 Ho...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • sound
    Windows 10
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Bizarre Frustrating Audio Routing Error Made Worse by Zero Logging/Info from Spotify App

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 v1909 My Question or IssueI'm sure this will go nowhere and probably get deleted/locked as you guys don't seem to care much about user experience when it comes to the desktop app (perfec...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10 v1909   My Question or Issue I'm sure this will go nowhere and probably get deleted/locked as you guys don't seem...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Discord wont show songs that are playing in spotify

PlanFreeCountryHungaryDevicePCOperating System Windows 10 My Question or IssueHi so i have an issue the songs didn't show in Discord status but i checked everything literally everything but nothings worked please help thankyou

• Visitor
  •   Plan Free Country Hungary Device PC Operating System  Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hi so i have an issue the songs didn't show in Discord status but i checked everyth...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Albums under "Appears On" on Artist page are no longer sorted after realese date

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen i go into an Artist page and go down to "Appears On" the VA-Albums are no longer sorted after realese date. The Albums seem to be "sorted" in a random order.This make...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When i go into an Artist page and go down to "Appears On" the VA-Albums are no longer sorted af...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify closes on it's own

PlanFreeCountryEgyptOperating SystemWindows 7 Spotify closes on it's own (windows app) and sometimes pauses music and plays it on my phone instead, this issue has going on for a while, there is nothing other than the Spotify app working, and i tried ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country Egypt Operating System Windows 7     Spotify closes on it's own (windows app) and sometimes pauses music and plays it on my phone instead, this issue has g...
  • Boiga
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to edit playlist cover

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceAsus LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWithin the last week my Spotify changed it's look, I'm now unable to edit playlists. I've tried uninstalling, and even followed the steps for a thorough uninstall, b...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Asus Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Within the last week my Spotify changed it's look, I'm now unable to edit playlists.&nbsp...
  • ScooterMill
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't sort & filter songs in my playlist with the latest Update

Plan: Premiun Country: Germany DeviceMacbook ProOperating SystemMacOS Catalina My Question or IssueWith the new update, there are no options to sort & filter the songs in playlists, I have almost 3000 songs and I can't sort it to recently added first...

• Plan: Premiun   Country: Germany   Device Macbook Pro Operating System MacOS Catalina   My Question or Issue With the new update, there are no options to sort & filter th...
  • edmundhkim
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Unable to customise playlist order

Version 1.1.32.618.gda5638a6 on Windows 10 PC, Premium plan I'm unable to re-order songs in a playlist. I do not have the column sort filters enabled - there's no green arrow next to any of the column headers. Drag and Drop does nothing and there are...

• Visitor
  • Version 1.1.32.618.gda5638a6 on Windows 10 PC, Premium plan   I'm unable to re-order songs in a playlist. I do not have the column sort filters enabled - there's no green arrow next to an...
  • Depandy2000
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Double click on playlists ignores sorting

Hi!In the past I used the double click on playlists to start the songs in each playlist. It started from the top like when I use the green play button in each playlist. I have sorted all playlists with the latest added song as first (chronologically)...

• Hi! In the past I used the double click on playlists to start the songs in each playlist. It started from the top like when I use the green play button in each playlist. I have sorted all playlists ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution 7.1 surround sound bass disortion

PlanFree DeviceDekstop(gaming pc)Operating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueSo I have gaming headphones that have a 7.1 surround sound function that can be toggled.When headphones are set to normal stereo,everything is fine,but when I turn 7.1 on ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free   Device Dekstop(gaming pc) Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue So I have gaming headphones that have a 7.1 surround sound function that can be toggled.Whe...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Unable to use basic features after update

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceDesktop (Version: 1.1.32.618.gda5638a6)Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThere's been a new UI update on Spotify desktop (Windows 10) and I can no longer:Sort or Filter Playlists or Liked SongsEdit Playli...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device Desktop (Version: 1.1.32.618.gda5638a6) Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue There's been a new UI update on Spotify desktop (Window...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

The Mystical 1%

Does anybody else here think that the "1%" of users that Spotify spokespeople keep referencing is a flat-out lie? This "1%" is continually referenced as to why the devs refuse to consider features. Some features get hundreds of votes - even hundreds ...

• Roadie
  • ...etail; an excuse that which customers will never be able to check for authenticity.   Even if they know it's untrue.     Sadly, Spotify seems to have a terrible record of public r...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1%
    devs
    features
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify plays on my headphones but not on speakers

PlanPremiumCountry DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHey there. I have been looking over this issue that I have to no solution. Here is how my PC is set up: Headphones are connected through the front panel (so is the mic) and the...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hey there. I have been looking over this issue that I have to no solution. Here is how ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No way to dislike / block a song on a playlist

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI wanted something to listen to this afternoon while doing some work, and started a suggested playlist the fit the bill - Canadian Weekend At one point it started playing a song t...

• Plan Premium Country Canada Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I wanted something to listen to this afternoon while doing some work, and started a suggested playlist the ...
  • Dreamspirals
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 5 likes

[Windows 10] Playlist Cover/discription

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI've recently started a weekly playlist and I create graphics for the playlist cover art weekly using Photoshop with my logo. For whatever reason, this week th...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I've recently started a weekly playlist and I create graphics for the playlist cove...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • cover
    Cover Art
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Family Mix options for the Desktop Version

Hello, I was wondering if there is a way to see those different options for the "Family Mix" playlist in the desktop app? On my phone I can choose between "chill" and "upbeat" but I can't find it on my laptop for example.

• Casual Listener
  • Hello,  I was wondering if there is a way to see those different options for the "Family Mix" playlist in the desktop app? On my phone I can choose between "chill" and "upbeat" but I can't find...
  • Georgioooo
  • Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist stops after a few songs...

often in the middle of a song as well... i tried the sign everyone out "solution" but it didn't make the least bit of difference.... setup - pc (windows 10), spotify desktop, pc connected to avr... how do i fix this?

• Music Fan
  • often in the middle of a song as well... i tried the sign everyone out "solution" but it didn't make the least bit of difference....   setup - pc (windows 10), spotify desktop, pc connected to...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Clicking on like from spotify pc does not work when song is playing on LG webos TV

PlanPremiumCountryIndiaDeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI was playing spotify on my LG WebOS TV (Model no: 43UJ75). At the same time, I was working on Windows laptop. So was trying to control spotify from my laptop. While ne...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country India Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I was playing spotify on my LG WebOS TV (Model no: 43UJ75). At the same time, I was working ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Windows] Spotify jump from one song to the next song

PlanPremium Family CountrySwitzerland Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issueif i click on play, Spotify jump from one song to the next and to the next, till the playlist or Radio is finished, after a few seconds i reinstalled Spotify and cle...

• Plan Premium Family   Country Switzerland   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue if i click on play, Spotify jump from one song to the next and to the next, til...
  • Ulises2
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes