Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • crawford13x
  • Regular
  • 71 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 71 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ytse
  • Casual Listener
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

[Desktop] Windows Desktop App Missing All Artwork (except now playing)

Windows desktop is missing all artwork except the now playing artwork. Web browser shows everything. Tried on Windows 7, Windows 10, deleted app and all traces and reinstalled, fresh install on brand new machine that never has Spotify. Nothing makes ...

2020-04-24_12-05-02.jpg
  • Regular
  • Windows desktop is missing all artwork except the now playing artwork.   Web browser shows everything.   Tried on Windows 7, Windows 10, deleted app and all traces and reinstalled, fres...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Connect] Easy solution to error 4

After looking on google and the community forum to solve the famous error 4, the easiest way in my case, was just to disable the firewall of windows, just go to settings- update and security- windows security- virus protection- firewall and network p...

• Visitor
  • After looking on google and the community forum to solve the famous error 4, the easiest way in my case, was just to disable the firewall of windows, just go to settings- update and security- windows...
  • Palace
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Connect
    Desktop
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

System Search Broken

PlanFree Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue:For some reason, I can't search for the Spotify Desktop App on my Windows Computer. When I type "Spotify" into Windows search, I either get results for a setting in the OS or a web search of th...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue: For some reason, I can't search for the Spotify Desktop App on my Windows Computer. When I type "Spotify" into Windows...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify hangs up on commercials

PlanFreeCountry USDeviceHP DesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 64-bit My Question or Issue Spotify hangs up between the music and commercials. You have to hit 'pause' and 'play' to get it to play the commercial so it will play music afterward. There is...

• Plan Free Country  US Device HP Desktop Operating System Windows 10 64-bit   My Question or Issue  Spotify hangs up between the music and commercials. You have to hit 'pause'...
  • dowlingm
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify can't play this right now if you have the file on your computer you can import it.

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceWindows 10 PCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueWhenever I try to play any song. I get the above message "Spotify can't play this right now if you have the file on your computer you can import it." I can't pla...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device Windows 10 PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Whenever I try to play any song. I get the above message "Spotify can't play this right now ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Problems with windows store app

Hi whenever I try to install your app from the windows store and then use it I get notification "Data Area Passed to a System Call Is Too Small". I've tried resolving the issue with Windows community but they only recommended trying using the app on ...

• Hi whenever I try to install your app from the windows store and then use it I get notification "Data Area Passed to a System Call Is Too Small". I've tried resolving the issue with Windows community...
  • cachou1
  • Visitor
  • 8 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Windows
  • 8 replies
  • 5 likes

[Desktop] Spotify Randomly Goes Offline

PlanFreeDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 7My Question or IssueSpotify randomly goes offline. I've tried searching it up, I've tried looking at previous topics pertaining to why it goes offline and how to fix it, I've tried allowing it through the fire...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Device PC Operating System Windows 7 My Question or Issue Spotify randomly goes offline. I've tried searching it up, I've tried looking at previous topics pertaining to why it goes o...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! New headphone issues

PlanPremiumCountry(Residing in Japan, but subscribed in Australia)DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssuePurchased a new set of headphones which do Bluetooth and are also wired with a 3.5mm headphone jack. (Brand: OneOdio, Wireless Pr...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country (Residing in Japan, but subscribed in Australia) Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Purchased a new set of headphones which do Bluetooth ...
  • LazarusJames
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

spotify pc

CountryItalyDeviceWindows PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI attached an image. Why do I see this when I open Spotify on my PC (Windows)? How can I fix it?

• Visitor
  • Country Italy Device Windows PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I attached an image. Why do I see this when I open Spotify on my PC (Windows)? How can I fix it?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify not outputting sound

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDevicePC with a GTX970, 16GB RAM & an Intel i5-4960k processorOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueRecently my Spotify has stopped playing any sound even when a song is playing. I have tried other apps and eve...

• Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device PC with a GTX970, 16GB RAM & an Intel i5-4960k processor Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Recently my Spotify has stopped ...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • no sound
    Windows 10
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Skipping through all songs...

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceHP LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueAll of a sudden when I go to play a track on my Spotify application, it'll skip through all my tracks or all the songs on the album I tried to play and my Spotify will ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country UK Device HP Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue All of a sudden when I go to play a track on my Spotify application, it'll skip thro...
  • TaTHEj
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Username instead of Displayname

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe top right of the app on desktop shows my username string instead of my display name. is there a solution to revert it back to showing my display name? because i know ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country US Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue The top right of the app on desktop shows my username string instead of my display name. is th...
  • Naphe
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

My songs pasue randomly.

PlanPremiumCountryIsraelDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 home My Question or IssueUsually, it doesn't happen, but as of now, my songs pause while I'm in-game every 5 minutes. It is really annoying. Please help.

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Israel Device PC Operating System Windows 10 home   My Question or Issue Usually, it doesn't happen, but as of now, my songs pause while I'm in-game every 5 minute...
  • FabienT
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Disable desktop overlay media keys

PlanPremiumCountry USADeviceHP laptop Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhenever I use my keyboard media keys to pause a song, change songs, or change volumes, an overlay appears in the upper left-hand corner and remains there for a few ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  USA Device HP laptop  Operating System Windows 10  My Question or Issue Whenever I use my keyboard media keys to pause a song, change songs, or change vo...
  • Rick-Anthony
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Windows 10 Installation Errors Cause by Microsoft App Store (Solution)

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevice(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, HP OMEN-15)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueThis post is a concern I have with a solution to Windows installation problems and a question for the devs....

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, HP OMEN-15) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue This post is a concern I h...
  • TaTHEj
  • Composer
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • solution
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Some songs give an error while trying to play it

PlanFree CountryUSA DeviceLaptop Operating SystemWindows 10 1909 I am trying to play a song that I recently got into on youtube, but when I found it, it was grayed out and Spotify said that it can't play the song right now and if I had the song file,...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free   Country USA   Device Laptop   Operating System Windows 10 1909   I am trying to play a song that I recently got into on youtube, but when I found it, it wa...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Play-fi speakers not shown on Spotify's Device List

My DTS Play-fi speakers cannot be seen in Spotify's device list. These speakers are on the same wi-fi network as my Amazon Echo Dot speakers which I can see on the devices list. What do I need to do to get these to show up on the list?

• My DTS Play-fi speakers cannot be seen in Spotify's device list.  These speakers are on the same wi-fi network as my Amazon Echo Dot speakers which I can see on the devices list. What do I need ...
  • Cooper_da
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

App doesn't work on Windows 7

PlanPremiumCountryBrasilDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1Spotify App Version1.1.31.703.g256add22 My Question or IssueMy app doesn't work on my PC. It opens normally, I can browse songs, artists and playlists without any error....

• Plan Premium Country Brasil Device PC Operating System Windows 7 Ultimate Service Pack 1 Spotify App Version 1.1.31.703.g256add22   My Question or Issue My app doesn't work on my PC....
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable delete ghost local files

PlanPremiumCountryUKDevice(Desktop)Operating System( Windows 10) My Question or IssueI have tried several methods. When I hold and/or press delete the songs come right back, when I delete "local-file.bnk" or change its name the local songs still rema...

•   Plan Premium Country UK Device (Desktop) Operating System ( Windows 10)   My Question or Issue I have tried several methods. When I hold and/or press delete the songs come righ...
  • dinomight
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes