Hp Probook 450,
My Question or Issue
My spotify is stuck in Offline mode it seems, I almost can't do anything no radio no daily mix and stuff. It just says offline, i have tried reinstalling it but no effect. It keeps being installed as an app.
Solved! Go to Solution.
No Daily Mix either? In this case I suggest checking out the hosts file - maybe that's the culprit.
Doing so is very easy, just follow this:
1. open Notepad as an administrator (right-click - Open as Administrator)
2. go to File - Open and navigate to
3. Choose "All Files" instead of "Text Documents" next to the File Name box. You'll see a handful of files. Pick hosts and click on Open.
4. The file is opened. You will see a block of text with # in front of each line and might see entries like
0.0.0.0 website.com 127.0.0.1 website2.com
Check for any entries with spotify or fastly in the address. Examples may look like:
0.0.0.0 weblb-wg.gslb.spotify.com 0.0.0.0 prod.b.ssl.us-eu.fastlylb.net
(and any variations inbetween)
5. If you do find any, you can delete the line. You can also add a # in front of the line, that's 'commenting out'.
6. Save your changes. Restart Spotify.
You can also try removing all lines to see what happens.
Let me know how you get on :)