Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Spotify desktop rapidly skipping songs when launching a game

PlanFree/PremiumCountryFinlandDeviceLenovo ideapad 510sOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueMy Spotify desktop either skips the current songs, or starts rapidly skipping songs when I load up the game League of Legends. I've updated my audio...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country Finland Device Lenovo ideapad 510s Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue My Spotify desktop either skips the current songs, or starts rapidly ski...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    Troubleshooting
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Desktop App [Windows 7] NOT PLAYING ANY SONGS

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceDell VostroOperating SystemWindows 7 My Question or IssueI have been using the desktop app since I've started using Spotify and I've never had any issue before. But now the desktop app just won't play any song! I've trie...

Spotify Issue.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Brazil Device Dell Vostro Operating System Windows 7   My Question or Issue I have been using the desktop app since I've started using Spotify and I've never had a...
  • be_quick
  • Visitor
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • desktop app issue
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution FN Media Launch to Spotify

Hello.I wanted to ask, whether there is a possibility when I press my FN Media Launch botton to start Spotify instead of Windows Media Player. Thanks for help

• Casual Listener
  • Hello. I wanted to ask, whether there is a possibility when I press my FN Media Launch botton to start Spotify instead of Windows Media Player.   Thanks for help 🙂  
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify stubbornly shuffles

I prefer to listen to music as the artis intended - that is, whole album in the designed order from the beginning to the end. From time to time Spotify goes stubborn on shuffling, even though shuffle and repeat are both turned off and the option to k...

• Casual Listener
  • I prefer to listen to music as the artis intended - that is, whole album in the designed order from the beginning to the end. From time to time Spotify goes stubborn on shuffling, even though shuffle...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Skipping songs rapidly with no playback. Windows PC

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePC Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueUpon hitting a play icon Spotify will rapidly skip through dozens of songs with no playback. I have removed and reinstalled the program but same issue continues. Plays just ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device PC  Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Upon hitting a play icon Spotify will rapidly skip through dozens of songs with no playback....
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • PC
    playback
    skipping
    startup
    volume
    Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Not work the audio

Hello,I'm a premium client, i'm from italy i use spotify on a windows 10 pc. I have a problem with audio. When i tap play button the song going but the audio doesn't work. Many thanks Luca

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, I'm a premium client, i'm from italy i use spotify on a windows 10 pc.    I have a problem with audio. When i tap play button the song going but the audio doesn't work.   M...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Delete Playlist only works from one place

PlanPremium FamiliarCountrySpainDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI have noticed this issue for a long time. When I try to delete one of my playlist I only can done it from playlist menu. It doesn't work from the options of ...

• Songwriter
  • Plan Premium Familiar Country Spain Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I have noticed this issue for a long time. When I try to delete one of my playlist...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Delete Playlist
    PC
    remove playlist
    Windows 10
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Library auto scroll not working + no multiple select

Plan: PremiumCountry: NZ DeviceSurface Laptop, model no. 1769Operating SystemWindows 10 1909 My Question or IssueWhen moving playlists up or down on the sidebar, the panel does not auto scroll, which is a problem when working with large numbers of pl...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: NZ   Device Surface Laptop, model no. 1769 Operating System Windows 10 1909   My Question or Issue When moving playlists up or down on the sidebar, the ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Playlists
    selection
    UI
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

All songs skip/don't play on Windows 10 pc

I have tried reading some of the forums here and did try a uninstall and re-install, same result. Then I tried a complete clean (refresh) of spotify and same result. I get this error on the app in the top bar "Spotify can't play this right now. If yo...

• Casual Listener
  • I have tried reading some of the forums here and did try a uninstall and re-install, same result. Then I tried a complete clean (refresh) of spotify and same result. I get this error on the app in th...
  • Big_AL6
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify not recognizing internet connection

PlanPremiumCountryUSA DeviceEverything. Multiple people, multiple devices: Windows 10, Samsung Galaxy8, 10, iPhone 10, etc. On and on. Operating SystemName it. My Question or IssueSpotify often times doesn't recognize that there's an internet connect...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA   Device Everything.  Multiple people, multiple devices: Windows 10, Samsung Galaxy8, 10, iPhone 10, etc.  On and on.     Operating Syst...
  • gecko7
  • Regular
  • 14 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Block / Dislike button missing for some songs and artists, -why?

PlanFree/PremiumCountry DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 8.1 and Windows 10 Hi!Why is the 'dislike/block'-button not there for some songs? (The Heart or 'Like'-button is still there..)These songs are not in any of my lists, so it can't be that.And thi...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device PC Operating System Windows 8.1 and Windows 10   Hi! Why is the 'dislike/block'-button not there for some songs? (The Heart or 'Like'-button i...
  • HumanReplicant
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 9 likes
  • artists
    Block
    button
    cant
    Certain
    dislike
    heart
    songs
  • 5 replies
  • 9 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify keeps on Loading Screen

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDeviceAcer ES1Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueMy Spotify keeps on loading screen for about 10-20 minutes in random times of the day. This usually happens when I click on an artist's profile, but It also happened...

spotify.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Brazil Device Acer ES1 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue My Spotify keeps on loading screen for about 10-20 minutes in random times of the day. Th...
  • mariovictorlima
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Loading Screen
    problem
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

bug: switching audio output devices

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceDesktop PC: Asus-Realtek audio, and usb focusrite scarlettOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSpotify desktop AND windows store version, while playing a song about a month ago, I changed my audio device output de...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Desktop PC: Asus-Realtek audio, and usb focusrite scarlett Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Spotify desktop AND windows store version,...
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 4 likes

Spotify for Win10 creats logs when i close the app i think

Hey support! So back when i used my mom's account till i started with my own account , os a fresh start. So the problem starts: So i accidently pressed on something in the setting in the , afformentioned Win10 version , and it creats kinda like some ...

idk.png
  • Visitor
  • Hey support! So back when i used my mom's account till i started with my own account , os a fresh start. So the problem starts:    So i accidently pressed on something in the setting in t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[Windows][Bose] Can't see Bose Sound Touch until i select it on Android phone

Hi everyone, and thank you for your ideas ! My Bose SoundTouch is working fine, and Spotify to. But, when i start spotify on the PC (app or Chome), and try to send music on my Bose, i do not see anything on Spotify Connect.At that moment, If i launch...

• Visitor
  • Hi everyone, and thank you for your ideas !   My Bose SoundTouch is working fine, and Spotify to.   But, when i start spotify on the PC (app or Chome), and try to send music on my Bose,...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Will not open....

PlanFree/PremiumCountry USA DeviceDell LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI keep getting an error message when I attempt to open the app. I completely uninstalled and reinstalled and same message (included in attached screenshot).

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country USA   Device Dell Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I keep getting an error message when I attempt to open the app. I comple...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Issues with Pausing

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueOkay. so for the past few days for some reason when I have tried to listen to music on deskto...

• Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Okay. s...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

sound quality goes way down when also using discord or skype

PlanPremiumCountryThe NetherlandsDeviceHP ProBook 440 G6Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen i use spotify in combination with a dicord or skype call the sound quality of spotify goes down significantly. I tried using different headset...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country The Netherlands Device HP ProBook 440 G6 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When i use spotify in combination with a dicord or skype call the sound...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

App opens but doesn't start songs

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDevice(Dell Desktop)Operating SystemWindows 7 SP1 My Question or IssueHi Folks.My spotify program has presenting a weird behaving. Every weekday I try to listen to songs/podcasts, but it just doesn't start the songs, looks lik...

• Plan Premium Country Brazil Device (Dell Desktop) Operating System Windows 7 SP1   My Question or Issue Hi Folks. My spotify program has presenting a weird behaving. Every weekday I t...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

friend activity not updating, showing selected friends

hello, my friend activity has been acting up lately. it was only showing 3 people out of 5, and those 3 people's activity had not updated in like 6 days, even though they've been listening to spotify consistently. now there is only 1 person showing, ...

• Casual Listener
  • hello, my friend activity has been acting up lately. it was only showing 3 people out of 5, and those 3 people's activity had not updated in like 6 days, even though they've been listening to spotify...
  • suma1yyax
  • Visitor
  • 21 replies
  • 16 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 16 likes