Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Suggested Songs for Playlist is broken

Suggested Songs for Playlist is broken

I shuffle through a playlist of about 4,500 songs. There's a ton of diversity in the music, and less than 100 of the songs are 70's rock songs from various African countries. For some reason, the Recommended Songs based on the playlist are nothing but 70's rock songs from African countries. I can refresh the list repeatedly and it just shows the same handful of songs.

Does anyone else see this? I get odd things sometimes due to the length of the playlist, but I'd love to see some additional recommended songs since they're usually pretty good.

Playlist link in case it helps: https://open.spotify.com/user/faktory4/playlist/350R9k7ezWD8kTfKJWnVR0?si=a0pXGbr5QUeGYOb00ZehAA

Operating System: Windows 10

Spotify Desktop Client

Premium User

4 Replies

Have a similar problem now in 2020.

959 songs in a playlist whereof maybe 5-10 are african or featuring african artists. Still the recommendations are nothing but african pop songs.

Hey there @Quicksplit,

Welcome to the Community!

As a first step I'd recommend a clean reinstall of the app by following these steps. Also make sure you have the newest firmware installed on your device.

If the suggested songs still do not update, it'd be great if you could let us know on which device this is happening. Do you mind logging in to your account from a different device or trying the web player to see whether any other recommended songs show up at the end of your playlist there?

Let us know how it goes. We'll see what we can suggest next 🙂

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Yup got the same issue. Even on the web player playlist recommendation is broken. It's all the same recommended songs for every other playlist. 

Hey there @mr_eduardjr,

Thanks for reaching out to us 🙂

If you've tried the steps suggested by @Xenia, we'd recommend you try refreshing the lists with the recommended songs. Are there any changes?

If this issue persists, you can send us screenshots of two playlists with the recommended songs. We'll investigate this further.

Keep us posted! If you have questions, we are here for you.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts