Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Certain Songs Will NOT PLAY / Not Recognized in Playlist

Certain Songs Will NOT PLAY / Not Recognized in Playlist

I dont know if anyone has a solution to this but so far Sonos support cannot figure this out.

I manage my music and create playlists on my desktop (I use a program called MusicBee). 

When I create a Playlist and then open the Sonos Desktop App and Update Library, I will see the playlist there.  Most of the playlist will play cleanly.  However certain tracks are showing as an .mp3 filename as opposed to a song name.  These tracks will not play - when the playlist gets to them the message says "Unable To Play...Long Filename...Could Not be Found".  And then it skips to the next song.

This song is in the Music Folder in the same place and format as all the other songs on the playlist which DO play correctly.  And when I get the error message it will say Unable to Play...DESKTOP//MUSIC/SONG NAME not found.  And that message is correct - the song is not in the MUSIC folder, it is in a subfolder within the Music folder, based on the name of the artist.  This is true of every song in the library and in the playlist, but somehow for a select few of them it omits the subfolder names and is looking for them directly in the MUSIC folder and therefore not finding them.

If I play this song directly within Sonos App from the "Song" directory it works fine, its only when its part of an Imported Playlist that the song doesnt come up.  And its the same songs across multiple playlists that have this issue...

I spent over an hour with Sonos support and they could not figure this out - I removed and re-added the folder, I deleted and re-downloaded the song from Amazon (they thought maybe it was corrupted), tried a lot of things but issue remains unresolved.  This happens both from Sons Dekstop and also on the Android app.

Thanks would be very grateful for any ideas...

1 Reply

Hey @lgitig 

You use MusicBee to manage playlists, but use Spotify (Connect) for streaming? I'm a tad confused here.

I would suggest disabling local files in Spotify and reinstall the app using this article as a guide (clean reinstall), then try again.

About these certain tracks, if you place them in their own playlist, will that fail to play as well?

Let me know how it goes 🙂

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts