Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Change Song Order on Playlist?

Solved!

Change Song Order on Playlist?

How do I change song order within a playlist?  (Desktop and Android)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

So what you guys might be thinking of is the Spotify Desktop Player ONLINE, but the solution that was given is for the Desktop Application for Spotify that you can download and it will be on you computer as a desktop app icon. On there you can easily drag and rearrange the order of your playlists. I was looking for the solution all day and realized it is 2 different set ups.

-AJ

View solution in original post

spotify pic.PNG
13 Replies

Hi,

On desktop, you must click on the song-artist-album-date-duration category at the top of the playlist depending on how you want to order it.

On Android, above the cover of the selected playlist, you have a dropdown menu on the right where you can reorder the list.

Cheers,

Sheugel

Follow me

Hi,

Is it still possible to customize the playlist? I'm quite sure until recently it was possible to drag a song up or down. now it doesn't work anymore. (Desktop, Windows, free version)

It's possible but only with your own playlists.

Follow me

Thanks for responding!  What I need to do is order songs within a playlist, according to my planned workouts.  Can I customize the order of the songs in each playlist to my preference?

Yes, you should be able to customize the order of tracks within your playlists with the desktop player.
Follow me

I'm having same problem. Until recently I could click on a specific song in my playlist and move it up or down to reorder the songs on my playlist (by click and drag to where the green line appears). This still works on old playlists and when I first create a playlist.  Then suddenly I am no longer able to change the order of songs within a playlist. This function always dissappears after I have once clicked on the column hearder to sort on that. But sometimes I don't know why this stops functioning.  I am using the Desktop premium version.  I'm trying to put the songs in a specific order for my workout by moving one song forward or back to a different place in the list.

Hi,
I had the same issue. Solution is to uncheck the ordering you have in your playlist.

If you have one you see a green "arrow" up or down. When you click again on this arrow (once or twice) it dissapears and you'll be able to drag your songs to another position.

spotify.jpg

Hmm.  It works but counter intuitive.  Small things like not being able to change song order can make a big difference to some folks.  I'm a Spotify fan myself so it was not a dealbreaker.  Glad I can do this now.  Seems maybe it should not default to having to uncheck the current sorting and just allow songs to be moved, when moved, the current sorting comes off.  Just an idea.

I'm on the new UI where there's no columns as tracks are listed horizontally, nowhere to uncheck the ordering and no arrows.

How can I reorder on the new version

Same problem... solution welcome...

Marked as solution

So what you guys might be thinking of is the Spotify Desktop Player ONLINE, but the solution that was given is for the Desktop Application for Spotify that you can download and it will be on you computer as a desktop app icon. On there you can easily drag and rearrange the order of your playlists. I was looking for the solution all day and realized it is 2 different set ups.

-AJ

spotify pic.PNG

Seems counter-intuitive that we can't change the order manually on our "Songs" playlist since it is the default one songs get added to when we "check" them. Would really like to see this rectified as it seems like flaw rather than a feature. Right now (unless I'm mistaken) the only way to order my songs would be to create a custom playlist and instead of simply "checking" them I would need to add them to that custom playlist instead at which point I could reorder (not sort).

Any update on this? Is this feature/fix in the backlog or has this not even been considered?

Are you seriously f&**ing kidding me? How did I never realize this before? I've been opening it in a browser forever and wondering why I lost all my set up and functions. This is the best solution to any problem I've had. What a dumb dumb. How could I not have thought of this answer. Oh course, there's also the question of why the functionality couldn't just be the same on both, but whatev, I'm just thrilled I can fix my playlist. Thanks.

Suggested posts