NEXT STEP

Crackle / stutter Windows 10 app only

Crackle / stutter Windows 10 app only

Plan

Paid

Country

UK

Device

media editing PC (bespoke): Intel i7 - 4790K, 4Ghz, 32gb RAM, SB x-fi titanium sound card

Operating System

Win 10 64 bit

My Question or Issue

Spotify desktop app plays with an intermittent crackle. No other devices are affected. No other apps are affected. Spotify web play also seems unaffected. I have put up with the issue for close to 6 months (thinking it was sound card related). I have tried all solutions that I can find - none of which work:

• exceptions to win defender or avg
  • sound card and related settings
  • compatibility issues between programs
  • fresh re-install

It seems a prevalent issue on various PCs running various sound cards. I have used spotify for a few years with the PC in question with NO isssues.

<begin rant>I have isolated the issue to being related to the Spotify App itself - when is this likely to be fixed? Since playback is fundamental to the use of Spotify, support/bug fixing seems lacking in urgency! </end rant>

23 Replies

Hey there @PlayingKarrde,

Thanks for letting us know that everything sounds fine now 🙂

Happy to hear that the BIOS update helped and that the crackle is gone now. Remember to keep your Spotify app updated to the latest available version as well, so you don't miss any upcoming fixes or new features.

Don't hesitate to give us a shout if you need more help. Have a good one and stay safe!

Kiril Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same problem, How do I look if there is an update for BIOS?

I have found a solution to this on another thread. It seems to be working so far and ,surprisingly, has nothing to do with accounts or BIOS: https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Playback-issues-stuttering-crackling-on-Windows-des...

Thanks this fixed it. I had to increase the sample rate from 44.1kHz to 88.2kHz (and higher) in my audio device app/settings (Focusrite Control) to get rid of the crackle and glitchy audio

Suggested posts