Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Ctrl + L shortcut for search broken after latest update (1.1.94.870)

Solved!

Ctrl + L shortcut for search broken after latest update (1.1.94.870)

So after the update which has revamped the UI quite a bit, the Ctrl + L shortcut to put the search box into focus and type queries is broken.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Go to "Home" by clicking on the Home icon that is next to the search bar.

2. Press Ctrl + L

Expected behaviour: the cursor is on the search box allowing you to type text into it.

Actual behaviour: the text box is momentarily brought into focus but loses focus (i.e. cursor no longer on the search text box) when the "Browse all" page is loaded.

I'm having to press Ctrl + L again to bring the cursor back to the search box. Essentially, if I'm not already on the search page/"Browse all" page, I have to press Ctrl + L twice. The first time I do it, it loses the focus so I have to do it again.

I know it's not a major thing so it's probably not going to be a priority but these little things really make using the application much easier.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @circline,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

I just tested this on my Windows PC with the most recent Spotify version and the app behaved as expected - one press of the combination let me use the search bar. As I wasn't able to reproduce your findings, could you try some basic troubleshooting steps like a clean reinstall of the app? Here is how to do one.

Are you using the Microsoft Store version of the app or the one from the Spotify site? Try switching between the two.

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Hey @circline,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

I just tested this on my Windows PC with the most recent Spotify version and the app behaved as expected - one press of the combination let me use the search bar. As I wasn't able to reproduce your findings, could you try some basic troubleshooting steps like a clean reinstall of the app? Here is how to do one.

Are you using the Microsoft Store version of the app or the one from the Spotify site? Try switching between the two.

Let us know how that went,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts