Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • alexjamesbutler
  • 44 replies
  • 17 likes
  • 44 replies
  • 17 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • vadfasfd
  • Casual Listener
  • 234 replies
  • 19 likes
  • 234 replies
  • 19 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution whole spotify window scrolls with playlists

It's nothing new that the implementation of the spotify clients is absolutely horrible on every single platform there is. But this bug in the windows client just completely beats everything i've seen so far. When adding a song to a playlist, not only...

• Casual Listener
  • It's nothing new that the implementation of the spotify clients is absolutely horrible on every single platform there is. But this bug in the windows client just completely beats everything i've seen...
  • Eni
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Copy Pasting multiple song URLs into Playlist not working

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI can't paste multiple song URLs from a list into a playlist anymoreFor example: https://open.spotify.com/track/7LSjKm6kL3rbp7DAQ1tS1f https://open.spotify.com/tr...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I can't paste multiple song URLs from a list into a playlist anymore For example: &n...
  • beubie
  • 21 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 21 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Only Using 50% of Max Volume

For whatever reason, even with enhancements turned on, Spotify is only using 50% of the max volume. Any suggestions?

• Casual Listener
  • For whatever reason, even with enhancements turned on, Spotify is only using 50% of the max volume.   Any suggestions?
  • mscheffel
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Discography page leads to "Page not found" when page refreshed

Plan: PremiumDevice: Macbook ProOperating System: iOSBrowser: Firefox My Question or IssueOpening "Kate Bush" discography page leads to page with URL "open.spotify.com/artist/1aSxMhuvixZ8h9dK9jIDwL/discography/all" but refreshing the page shows "Page...

• Regular
  •   Plan: Premium Device: Macbook Pro Operating System: iOS Browser: Firefox   My Question or Issue Opening "Kate Bush" discography page leads to page with URL "open.spotify.com/artist...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Recently Played once again missing from Home screen

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 8.1 64-bit My Question or IssueUpdated Windows desktop client to version 1.1.71.560.gc21c3367. The Home screen no longer shows Recently Played. Please fix (again).

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device PC Operating System Windows 8.1 64-bit   My Question or Issue Updated Windows desktop client to version 1.1.71.560.gc21c3367. The Home screen no long...
  • rpd295
  • Casual Listener
  • 17 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 17 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify crashes after login

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWin 10 My Question or IssueMy Spotify application on my desktop pc started crashing a few weeks ago after an update. My other devices work just fine (Android Phone, laptop). Other accounts also...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Desktop PC Operating System Win 10   My Question or Issue My Spotify application on my desktop pc started crashing a few weeks ago after an update. ...
  • Eni
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • after login
    Crash
    Spotify
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Windows media keys (pause, play, skip forward/back) don't work

As of some recent update, my keys for pausing/playing songs, etc. have all stopped working for Spotify, both when tabbed in and out of the app. I do not use Chrome, or any other media player service that would be overwriting the inputs, as far as I c...

• Visitor
  • As of some recent update, my keys for pausing/playing songs, etc. have all stopped working for Spotify, both when tabbed in and out of the app. I do not use Chrome, or any other media player service ...
  • CarlosE
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution More drop-outs

Hello, I use Spotify via Sonos and lately have experienced more drop-outs when playing differnt albums. Nothing is changed and most of my Sonos units are wired.Have there been an issue with the servers at Spotify? Thank you in advance.

• Visitor
  • Hello, I use Spotify via Sonos and lately have experienced more drop-outs when playing differnt albums. Nothing is changed and most of my Sonos units are wired. Have there been an issue with the ser...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Turning into public network speaker

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceAsus (Don't know which one)Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue So I have this old laptop, which I now use to operate my speakers (only aux input) near my bed to have some music while I go to sleep. But the problem...

• ...peakers (only aux input) near my bed to have some music while I go to sleep. But the problem is that I can't figure out a way to make this a public speaker. What I mean by this is that I want anyone to c...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Network speaker
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution spotify is showing error auth:16 i've tried every other option on the community

hi im a spotify premium user and my spotify has stopped working and is showing error auth:16 and when i remove the fire wall some other error client_token:101 spotifyI've tried every other option on the community even reset my whole pc but cant get i...

• Casual Listener
  • hi im a spotify premium user and my spotify has stopped working and is showing error auth:16 and when i remove the fire wall some other error client_token:101 spotify I've tried every other opt...
  • Yordan
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify premium doesn't start

Just a month ago, I began to notice that Spotify began to take off. But if I managed to switch to my favorite tracks at startup, this did not happen, but when I went to the main menu, Spotify crashed. However, today Spotify has completely stopped wor...

• Casual Listener
  • Just a month ago, I began to notice that Spotify began to take off. But if I managed to switch to my favorite tracks at startup, this did not happen, but when I went to the main menu, Spotify crashed...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Drake Views Won't Play

PlanPremiumCountry United KingdomDevice(Custom Desktop PC / One Plus 6)Operating System(Windows 10 / Oxygen OS) My Question or IssueSome songs play on Mobie but NOT Desktop. I only notice it with some of Drakes songs (im sure there are others im unaw...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country  United Kingdom Device (Custom Desktop PC / One Plus 6) Operating System (Windows 10 / Oxygen OS)   My Question or Issue Some songs play on Mobie but NOT Desk...
  • Ahm_ak
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution spotify connect "everywhere" option gone

PlanPremiumCountryusaDevicewindows pc and various ios devicesOperating Systemwindows 10, IOS 15.5 My Question or Issuehi, i frequently use the "everywhere" option to play to my various echo devices simultaneously. however today the option disappeared...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country usa Device windows pc and various ios devices Operating System windows 10, IOS 15.5   My Question or Issue hi, i frequently use the "everywhere" option to play to ...
  • Yordan
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution cant find playlist

Yesterday i made a playlist on dekstop windows but when i open the app at my phone, theres no playlist. pls help mePremiumCountry indonesia Device(iPhone 12 Pro)Operating System(Windows 10.) My Question or IssueYesterday i made a playlist on dekstop ...

• Visitor
  • Yesterday i made a playlist on dekstop windows but when i open the app at my phone, theres no playlist. pls help me Premium Country indonesia   Device (iPhone 12 Pro) Operating System (Wi...
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify is super laggy when hardware acceleration is off

It wasn't like that before, I have always had Hardware Acceleration off No idea why it is like that right now. I have to turn it on

• It wasn't like that before, I have always had Hardware Acceleration off No idea why it is like that right now. I have to turn it on
  • Amayy
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution New Amazon Echo not appearing in device list

If this is a duplicate post, feel free to link to a previous discussion, but I couldn't find one that precisely matched my situation. In my case, I am trying to play Spotify audio on a new Echo device that I've set up. But when I go into the list of ...

• Casual Listener
  • If this is a duplicate post, feel free to link to a previous discussion, but I couldn't find one that precisely matched my situation.  In my case, I am trying to play Spotify audio on a new Echo...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify no conecta en mi pc de modo WIFI

Hace unos días la aplicacion dejo de conectar por Wifi desde el PC (Windows 10) al utilizar por red (cable) funciona normalmente, pero al usar el wifi no permite conectarme, me sale modo off-line (código error: 4). nose que pasa la he desistalado y h...

• Hace unos días la aplicacion dejo de conectar por Wifi desde el PC (Windows 10) al utilizar por red (cable) funciona normalmente, pero al usar el wifi no permite conectarme, me sale modo off-line (có...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • error code 4
    wifi connection
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Most of my songs from local files randomly stopped playing.

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDevicePC / iPhoneOperating SystemWindows 8.1 My Question or Issue Hi. I've been downloading music and adding it to my Spotify through local files for the longest time and I've never encountered and issue, until recently. Most ...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country Sweden Device PC / iPhone Operating System Windows 8.1   My Question or Issue   Hi. I've been downloading music and adding it to my Spotify through l...
  • 1ZZY
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Disable updates completely

Hey guys, TLDR: Is it possible to completely disable updates in Spotify? Dear developers, please try to put yourself in the position of an average user. What do you think (s)he wants to do when opening spotify?A) Listening to music or podcastsB) upda...

• Gig Goer
  • Hey guys,   TLDR: Is it possible to completely disable updates in Spotify?   Dear developers, please try to put yourself in the position of an average user. What do you think (s)he want...
  • Novy
  • 6 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 6 likes