Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution It has been deleted without any confirmation when I clicked the "delete downloaded songs" mistakenly

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceHP ProbookOperating SystemWindows 11 My Question or IssueIt has been deleted without any confirmation when I clicked the "delete downloaded songs" mistakenly. Why?! I had 5K songs and now puff! I must download again now and i...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country   Device HP Probook Operating System Windows 11   My Question or Issue It has been deleted without any confirmation when I clicked the "delete downloaded song...
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Windows Spotify app says "spotify cannot play this song right now" to all songs

I have restarted my computer, cleared my cache and clean reinstalled spotify a few times now but I keep getting that error message when I try to play any song. However it works fine on my Apple phone and Chrome browser. Its specifically the app that ...

• Casual Listener
  • I have restarted my computer, cleared my cache and clean reinstalled spotify a few times now but I keep getting that error message when I try to play any song. However it works fine on my Apple phone...
  • Lyubka
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

A firewall may be blocking Spotify.

So I'm using the web player, no app installed at all.. and as soon as I sign into Spotify I get the ''Something went wrong'' error. If I'm not signed into my account then the error doesn't appear. I don't get it

• So I'm using the web player, no app installed at all.. and as soon as I sign into Spotify I get the ''Something went wrong'' error. If I'm not signed into my account then the error doesn't appear. ...
  • unclerk
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Please why

I can't use my password and the reset link isn't working

• Casual Listener
  • I can't use my password and the reset link isn't working
  • Sebasty
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Issue with playback on computer

So i got this weird issue with my work laptop. When i play music with the application there are some songs that i cant play (not grayed or local) and if i start playing on my phone or other computer it dosnt pause (Im playing on two units at the same...

• Casual Listener
  • So i got this weird issue with my work laptop. When i play music with the application there are some songs that i cant play (not grayed or local) and if i start playing on my phone or other computer ...
  • aspeffs
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify downloaded something from Onedrive.

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Hello. I was uninstalling spotify because it gave the 'can't play music' error all the time, and as I was uninstalling I saw a notification pop up in the corner,...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   Hello. I was uninstalling spotify because it gave the 'can't play music' error...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution *EDIT*Spotify desktop app not playing

Hey! So pretty much what the title says. I have the Spotify desktop app on two computers running Windows as the OS. The same thing is happening if I stream a song, or play a local file: It shows the song progress bar "button" for a blip, then it pops...

• Regular
  • Hey! So pretty much what the title says. I have the Spotify desktop app on two computers running Windows as the OS. The same thing is happening if I stream a song, or play a local file: It shows the ...
  • matzel
  • Gig Goer
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • App & Features
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can only play playlists... not albums or individual songs

I am running Spotify Desktop app in Windows 10. I was able to play everything last week. Now, I can only play playlists, not albums or individually selected songs. I have reinstalled Spotify (quick and clean installation), downloaded from website and...

• I am running Spotify Desktop app in Windows 10. I was able to play everything last week. Now, I can only play playlists, not albums or individually selected songs. I have reinstalled Spotify (quick a...
  • sfried123
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist Radio: "More songs load as you listen" Feature not working on Windows 10 as intended...

PlanPremiumCountryPuerto Rico DeviceAcer Nitro 5 LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen selecting a radio from a playlist an initial list of generated songs load along with a message at the bottom of "more songs load as you listen"...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Puerto Rico   Device Acer Nitro 5 Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When selecting a radio from a playlist an initial list of generat...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution I have a Microsoft Reward code that doesn't work. How do I fix this?

I have been struggling with this code for hours and I still haven't managed to get this code to work.

• Casual Listener
  • I have been struggling with this code for hours and I still haven't managed to get this code to work.
  • Classic13
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Song plays for 2 seconds then skips

Google ChromebookPlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceGoogle ChromebookOperating System?My Question or IssueWhenever I play a song it will play for only 2 seconds and then skips to the next song, it'll play that one as well for 2 secs before skipping...

• Visitor
  • Google Chromebook Plan Premium Country United States Device Google Chromebook Operating System ? My Question or Issue Whenever I play a song it will play for only 2 seconds and then skips t...
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Device Synch as OPTION instead of forced mandate!

Please allow user to turn off device synching. I see this issue goes back to 2015 and it seems there is some Spotify ideology that is stopping this small issue to be resolved. Just listen to your customers and give us an option to turn off (or on) sy...

• Casual Listener
  •   Please allow user to turn off device synching. I see this issue goes back to 2015 and it seems there is some Spotify ideology that is stopping this small issue to be resolved.   Just l...
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify can't play this right now notification when playing on Desktop app

"Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer import it" notification pops up when I try to play anything on my Desktop app. I tried to fix it and restart it through windows, reinstall it completely and reboot my computer ...

• "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer import it" notification pops up when I try to play anything on my Desktop app. I tried to fix it and restart it through windo...
  • MihailY
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Lyrics/mic icon still not working

I have Spotify premium (not sure if it matters) and the lyric feature (the mic icon in the now playing bar) is still not working. I uninstalled and reinstalled, logged out and back in, nothing will get it to work. I've seen threads saying this issue ...

• Visitor
  • I have Spotify premium (not sure if it matters) and the lyric feature (the mic icon in the now playing bar) is still not working. I uninstalled and reinstalled, logged out and back in, nothing will g...
  • HalfNathan
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Desktop App cant connect via LAN

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 Hello,my Spotify Windows 10 Desktop-App can't built a connection to the Internet via LAN.Every title is grey instead of white. When i try to play something it says "Bitte deaktiviere de...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   Hello, my Spotify Windows 10 Desktop-App can't built a connection to the Internet via LAN. Every title is gre...
  • niellz
  • Music Fan
  • 21 replies
  • 1 likes
  • lan
    Windows
  • 21 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify can't play this right now

I have a very unusual problem with playing songs.Firstly all songs from Searh menu cannot be played with "Spotify can't play this right now" which one isnt showing all time but when I added them into liked, it started playing.I tired all solutions li...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a very unusual problem with playing songs. Firstly all songs from Searh menu cannot be played with "Spotify can't play this right now" which one isnt showing all time but when I added them in...
  • Eni
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution spotify wont open even after a clean reinstall

about 2 days ago i started having an issue where spotify wouldnt open, id try and open it and then nothing, not even task manager shows anything. i tried reinstalling it and that didnt work so i tried a clean reinstall and that didnt work either and ...

• Casual Listener
  • about 2 days ago i started having an issue where spotify wouldnt open, id try and open it and then nothing, not even task manager shows anything. i tried reinstalling it and that didnt work so i trie...
  • Eni
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution All songs on all playlists unavailable after update, then "Something Went Wrong" message

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueRight after my Spotify Desktop updated itself this morning, every single song in every one of my playlists were disabled and couldn't be played, with a "Con...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10     My Question or Issue Right after my Spotify Desktop updated itself this morning, every single...
  • Lyubka
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Feature - Continue play on PC speakers AND cast to Google Cast device.

Has anyone found out a workaround to play audio on a PC and Google Home device at the same time? Would love to utilize my PC speakers as a home device.

• Visitor
  • Has anyone found out a workaround to play audio on a PC and Google Home device at the same time? Would love to utilize my PC speakers as a home device.
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes