Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Missing the right side bar of information

Missing the right side bar of information

Premium user from America using Windows 10. 

I recently had a feature that I enjoyed a lot, but there seems to be ZERO information on the internet regarding it. Contacting multiple friends, they claim to not even have it. On the right hand side of the Spotify desktop app, where the friend activity typically is, there was a bar of information regarding the song, the creator and other things. I disliked the new "only 4 pinned playlists" feature so I tried rolling back, but then lost the side bar. Reinstalling the newest version, it's still gone. The only screenshots I have are 6+ months old and not even really the same as what I had, but similar enough to provide in context. The smallest screenshot is the icon that was previously next to the lyrics and queue. That button is what enabled this now missing feature.

11 Replies

Hi there @gracelynwow,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

Most likely, you've seen a Spotify test. In such scenarios a number of users get to try out some new features which are in testing. This is why most of your friends didn't have the same UI and this information feature on their account. 

These tests are usually carried out for a limited amount of time, before the app returns to the standard interface. 

We've passed on your feedback to the right folks at Spotify.

However, currently there is no way to get this feature back on your account manually.

Hope you find thins information helpful. 

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

same for me Really love this feature but with the latest update it disappeared :'(

Bring it Back 😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Hope this doesn't count as a roll back. 

From searching the forum it looks like having the Artist Side Bar on the right side was a beta test?

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Missing-the-right-side-bar-of-information/m-p/55802...

Can it be voted on to become permanent?

It was very convent to see artist info when you wanted at a glance with out having to go to a diffrent page. Also having the ability to remove the side bar was a nice touch. 

I would love to see it come out of beta testing. 

please bring it back again I loved having artist informations and a bigger album cover 

I've also loved that feature and i need to see a big album cover, really makes the difference, please, reintegrate! 

For the last two weeks, I have really been enjoying a new Mac update for the Spotify app (premium plan). But now it has reverted and the UI is gone...

The new design was:

• Left panel: The New Library Bar
  • Middle panel: Search Results / Playlists / Made For / etc
  • Right panel: Artist View (new but now gone!!)

This right panel artist view on the right seemed to replace the friends activity bar. You could trigger it by clicking on the currently playing music's album art (which was now a fixed thumbnail size). When clicked, it would show the new album art on the right, and provide bio info on the artist. It even showed upcoming live show dates.

I really liked the new UI, but I cannot find anything about it on the internet...

Looking at release dates and version history, I think the right panel artist view was part of version 1.2.11.916 released on 5.16.23

I think it was removed and reverted in version 1.2.12.902 released on 5.25.23 (my current version)

If anyone has any insight about what this right panel artist view was was, how I get it back, or why no one else seems to be talking about it, that would be great, thank you!

Hey folks,

Thanks for sharing your feedback on this feature!

Our tech folks are currently working on a new and improved version that will be released in the following weeks. In the meantime, make sure you always keep the app up to date.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This is great news! It was a an awesome feature and I can't wait for it to come back. 

Sounds great, i really hope that feature will be reintagrated, because for me it was the way to make the new Spotify looking actually cool and great! Really hope to see that right side bar so soon!

For my Spotify the right bar jus randomly reappeared today, hope it's gonna stay forever this time! This is finally one good update, it must stay!

Suggested posts