Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution Desktop Playlist doesnt sync to mobile

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceSamsun Galaxy s8Operating Systemwin 10 and andriod My Question or IssueSince Spotify shuffle doesnt actually shuffle music, I want to manually create a playlist from my liked songs and put the songs order in randomly ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device Samsun Galaxy s8 Operating System win 10 and andriod   My Question or Issue Since Spotify shuffle doesnt actually shuffle music, I want to manuall...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution How do I fix pixilated album covers on the Spotify website?

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or Issue

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue  
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Every song stops playing after a few seconds

I start the song, it plays for a few seconds (less then 10) and then the song just stops playing, the UI shows as if the song was being progressed, but there is no soundPlanPremiumCountryCzechDeviceChromeOperating SystemWindows My Question or Issue

• Visitor
  • I start the song, it plays for a few seconds (less then 10) and then the song just stops playing, the UI shows as if the song was being progressed, but there is no sound Plan Premium Country Czec...
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution La Música se detiene despues de unos segundos (PC)

PlanGratisPaísMéxico DispositivoPCSistema operativoWindows 10 Mi pregunta o problema es:Hace unos días no puedo reproducir mi musica, todo empezo cuando reinstale Spotify. Reinstale inicie Spotify y alcabo de unos segundos 3-10s se detiene y marca ca...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Gratis País México  Dispositivo PC Sistema operativo Windows 10   Mi pregunta o problema es: Hace unos días no puedo reproducir mi musica, todo empezo cuando reinst...
  • Jhudtwalcker
  • 12 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution 30 minutes of ad free music on PC

PlanFreeCountryUnited States of AmericaDeviceDellOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhy is the 30 minutes of ad free music on the mobile app but not available for PC?

• Plan Free Country United States of America Device Dell Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Why is the 30 minutes of ad free music on the mobile app but not available for...
  • The_Unhelped
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Update Bug Can’t Search for playlists when adding a track to playlist by typing a letter

When adding a track to a playlist, I can no longer search for the playlist I’m looking for by typing the first letter of the playlist. PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue

• Regular
  • When adding a track to a playlist, I can no longer search for the playlist I’m looking for by typing the first letter of the playlist.   Plan Premium Country USA Device Desktop Operating...
  • antheia
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 15 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 15 likes

Playlist bug

I currently have 4996 songs in the playlist, but when i scroll down to the end of the playlist, the number shows that there are 4995 songs in the playlist.Is this some kind of bug, and is there any way to fix it, for example by reinstalling Spotify, ...

bug.PNG
  • Casual Listener
  • I currently have 4996 songs in the playlist, but when i scroll down to the end of the playlist, the number shows that there are 4995 songs in the playlist. Is this some kind of bug, and is there any...
  • Taylith
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution A lot of buffering and disconnection, can not take it any more.

Plan PremiumCountrySouth KoreaDevicepcOperating SystemWindow10 My Question or Issue I live in Seoul, South Korea, soDO NOT TELL ME IT IS THE ISSUE OF INTERNET SPEED OR CONNECTION of mine.I keep having this buffering, disconnection, stopping streaming...

• Plan  Premium Country South Korea Device pc Operating System Window10   My Question or Issue   I live in Seoul, South Korea, so DO NOT TELL ME IT IS THE ISSUE OF INTERNET S...
  • AlejaR
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Minhas musicas estão periodicamente sendo removidas das minhas musicas curtidas.

PlanPremiumCountryBrasil My Question or IssueIsso vem acontecendo a alguns meses. Primeiramente eu pensei ter removido as curtidas acidentalmente, mas com o passar do tempo percebi que definitivamente não era o caso. Algumas musicas no meu perfil vão...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Brasil   My Question or Issue Isso vem acontecendo a alguns meses. Primeiramente eu pensei ter removido as curtidas acidentalmente, mas com o passar do tempo p...
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

VPN not supported anymore

PlanPremiumCountryPoland Device(ZBook)Operating System(Windows 10) Why did you cancel VPN supoort in Windows Client? I'm using spotify while working, and I connect often to many different VPN networks (my client's networks). Every time I connect to V...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Poland   Device (ZBook) Operating System (Windows 10)   Why did you cancel VPN supoort in Windows Client? I'm using spotify while working, and I connect often...
  • macedoniusz
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • VPN
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Mobile app not syncing with desktop app

PlanPremiumCountryUSDevicePC :20,0 Go ramPc ID 00325-80888-00365-AAOEM64 bitsPhone :Oppo Reno 2Android 11Operating SystemPc :Windows 10Phone :ColorOs App VersionPc :1.1.91.824.g07f1e963Phone :8.7.54.403My Question or IssueI've had an issue for a coup...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country US Device PC : 20,0 Go ram Pc ID 00325-80888-00365-AAOEM 64 bits Phone : Oppo Reno 2 Android 11 Operating System Pc : Windows 10 Phone : ColorOs &nb...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

No Sound on spotify

Spoiler (Highlight to read)Help!Help!PlanFreeCountryIndiaDeviceLegion-5Operating SystemWindows 11 My Question or IssueSuddenly spotify got muted...System sound is fine..and spotify volume is also full but still...

• Visitor
  • Help! Plan Free Country India Device Legion-5 Operating System Windows 11   My Question or Issue Suddenly spotify got muted...System sound is fine..and spotify volume is also full but...
  • Taylith
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Failure to load more than 50 items in a discography

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceLenovo Carbon X1 Nano G1Operating SystemWindows 11 Pro (21H2) My Question or IssueSpotify does not load all items in an artist's discography when the initial view is set to thumbnail view on a high resolution display ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device Lenovo Carbon X1 Nano G1 Operating System Windows 11 Pro (21H2)   My Question or Issue Spotify does not load all items in an artist's discography ...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    UI
    UX
    Windows
    windows 11
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify for windows desktop is randomly flickering/flashing

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDevicePcOperating SystemWindows 10 Pro 64 bitMy Question or IssueI have the desktop app open on my second monitor, And as of the last couple days I notice it randomly flickering. Sometimes its only a small flicker in th...

• Plan Premium Country United States Device Pc Operating System Windows 10 Pro 64 bit My Question or Issue I have the desktop app open on my second monitor, And as of the last couple days I no...
  • hot2use
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify playing the wrong playlist

PlanPremiumCountryUSAOperating System Windows 10 My Question or IssueSpotify keeps playing the wrong playlist when I try to play music. When I click on a playlist I want to listen to it will play the first song correctly but then switch over to an en...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Operating System  Windows 10   My Question or Issue Spotify keeps playing the wrong playlist when I try to play music. When I click on a playlist I want to ...
  • xuankhor
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • music
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Local Files imported into favorite songs and can't remove them

PlanPremiumCountrygerDeviceHonor 8XOperating Systemwin10 My Question or IssueI imported my songs from my phone in spotify now i see a big number 500+ of songs in my favorite songs and i can't remove them properlyI can't see these imported songs on my...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country ger Device Honor 8X Operating System win10   My Question or Issue I imported my songs from my phone in spotify now i see a big number 500+ of songs in my f...
  • Eni
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution spotify can't play this right now ((Solved, look at the bottom for the solution.))

Plan: PremiumCountry: BelgiumDevice: DesktopOperating System: Windows 10My Question or IssueYesterday, I was able to play music just fine. Today, I try to play it and I get this error message. I tried all the suggestions I could find and none of them...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan: Premium Country: Belgium Device: Desktop Operating System: Windows 10 My Question or Issue Yesterday, I was able to play music just fine. Today, I try to play it and I get this error messa...
  • Elena
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Can I use my downloaded songs on Spotify Apps of other devices?

PlanPremiumCountryTurkeyDeviceWindowsOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueI moved the Spotify\Storage files to my PC and Spotify App couldn't read them, it overwrote all and started to download my songs all over again. I don't wanna wait for...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Turkey Device Windows Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue I moved the Spotify\Storage files to my PC and Spotify App couldn't read them, it overwrote all an...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify duplicates local files album art for art with the same artist

Plan: premiumDevices:Windows 10 Pro 21H2 (using installer, not windows 10 app, Version: Spotify for Windows 1.1.91.824.g07f1e963)Iphone 8+ on iOS 14.6 Version: 8.7.55.382 Issue:When importing local files into spotify, if 2 local files have the same a...

• Regular
  • Plan: premium Devices: Windows 10 Pro 21H2 (using installer, not windows 10 app, Version: Spotify for Windows 1.1.91.824.g07f1e963) Iphone 8+ on iOS 14.6 Version: 8.7.55.382   Issue: ...
  • OscarDC
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes