Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

How do I revert the recent playlist/folder changes on the desktop app?

Solved!

How do I revert the recent playlist/folder changes on the desktop app?

The recent update to the UI messed up all of the folders and playlists that I had organized. I can't even move the folders anymore, I can only pin them. Some of my playlists have been reorganized, and are now out of order. Every band/artist I follow is now crowding my library, when I had them hidden before the update. The desktop app that I have now resembles the mobile version, and that UI is only good on a phone. The only setting that fixes this is the "Use Compact Library" but that just makes the text too small for my screen, and I still can't change the order of my playlists/folders to what I had them to. The "Sort By" setting won't let me go back either.IhatesoftwareupdatesIhatesoftwar

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there! You need to set the filter before you can set a custom order of playlists.

1. Set the filter to Playlists.
  2. Set the sort order to Custom order.
    kaworu_bloodpaw_0-1680799717682.png

You should now be able to drag & drop playlists outside of your folders as well as change their order.

If my answer was useful, don't forget to give it a 'Like!'

If my answer was the solution, don't forget to mark it as the solution!

Thanks! 😇

If you need anything else, please reply and ask,
or shoot me a Private Message!

Feel free to follow my Spotify or Community profiles! 

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Spotify.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey there! You need to set the filter before you can set a custom order of playlists.

1. Set the filter to Playlists.
  2. Set the sort order to Custom order.
    kaworu_bloodpaw_0-1680799717682.png

You should now be able to drag & drop playlists outside of your folders as well as change their order.

If my answer was useful, don't forget to give it a 'Like!'

If my answer was the solution, don't forget to mark it as the solution!

Thanks! 😇

If you need anything else, please reply and ask,
or shoot me a Private Message!

Feel free to follow my Spotify or Community profiles! 

Disclaimer: I am not affiliated with Spotify.

Thank you! This was driving me crazy too. 

Thank you for posting this solution. It was driving me crazy too. The answer is simple yet it wasn't obvious (at least not to me).

I also hate the new UI and it is causing me problems. Two of my playlist folders were moved from the main playlist list into a different folder, so now they are subfolders. I can't get them to move back out of this subfolder.

I can change the custom order but I have tried to drag the playlist folders everywhere on the screen and they just remain as subfolders, nowhere works. I assumed dragging them over the back button (see pic) would take them out of the folder and into the folder above. Furthermore, on the phone it seems that there is even less functionality and playlist customizability than then desktop app so no luck there. Good luck organizing playlists just with the phone. I have "Playlists" filter under Your Library selected and also within this I have Custom Order selected.

Speaking of which, if you want to force us to use features like filtering "By You", "By Spotify", and "Podcasts" or whatever that I will never use, then you should at least allow "Playlists" filter to remain the default after I select it, or give us the option to have "Custom order" selected in the Your Library page instead of reorganizing all my music every time I open Spotify and forcing me to add this step of filtering by playlists, what a joke. Does anyone actually use the "Creator" filter that they force on you upon opening the App...? Just give us custom order by default how hard can it be.

It seems Spotify are just making it harder and harder to listen to basic music that you have chosen and instead are trying to force you to listen to music they pick?! Do not like the direction this is going...

Screenshot 2023-06-22 173039.jpg
Screenshot 2023-06-22 173026.jpg

Suggested posts