Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop] Syncronized Lyrics On DeskTop/PC

Adding sync'ed Lyrics, similar to the Android App. but on the PC.I want to be able to sing along IN TIME, at my desk top with 5.1 and not have to use earbuds or bluetooth to an external speaker.A simple option, that can be turned on or off as the use...

• Visitor
  • Adding sync'ed Lyrics, similar to the Android App. but on the PC. I want to be able to sing along IN TIME, at my desk top with 5.1 and not have to use earbuds or bluetooth to an external speaker. ...
  • Joan
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Desktop
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Windows 11. Cant play unliked songs

PlanPremiumCountryKazakhstanDevicePC problem onlyOperating SystemWindows 11. 2h22 build 22623.1028 My Question or IssueI turn on either the album or the artist's top tracks and nothing happens.No like - no song playback. But when i put a like - the s...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Kazakhstan Device PC problem only Operating System Windows 11. 2h22 build 22623.1028   My Question or Issue I turn on either the album or the artist's top tra...
  • Sharemashita
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution how do i save an album in spotify, to my album listing

I can create a playlist from an album in spotify, but I cannot save to my list of albums within my library. If i am downloading on my ipad it says 'saved to albums' but i cannot get it to save on my PC

• Casual Listener
  • I can create a playlist from an album in spotify, but I cannot save to my list of albums within my library. If i am downloading on my ipad it says 'saved to albums' but i cannot get it to save on my ...
  • rogerd_1
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't see friends activity, even though it's enabled in the settings

Friends activity panel on my spotify just disappeared today. It's enabled in the settings as well as in the top left corner > view. I tried reinstalling the app and nothing changed.

• Casual Listener
  • Friends activity panel on my spotify just disappeared today. It's enabled in the settings as well as in the top left corner > view. I tried reinstalling the app and nothing changed.
  • accio009
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution PCで再生すると10秒と経たずに音がならなくなります。

同じアカウントでiPhoneでは問題なく再生できます。PCの再起動やログアウト→ログインしても解決しません。

• Visitor
  • 同じアカウントでiPhoneでは問題なく再生できます。 PCの再起動やログアウト→ログインしても解決しません。
  • Vasil
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Display Options setting to Show hidden music is missing.

I had the feeling that some music continually gets missing in my spotify library. I read that under "display options" I could enable to show missing music. But this "display options" doesn't exist, neither on the desktop (windows) nor on the Ipad or ...

• Visitor
  • I had the feeling that some music continually gets missing in my spotify library. I read that under "display options" I could enable to show missing music. But this "display options" doesn't exist, n...
  • MihailY
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution spotify keeps pausing, and playing by itself in the PC

On windows the spotify app out of the microsoftstore, and the downloaded version from the spotify website keeps doing the same. Cache has been cleared, hardware acceleration is off, computer is restarted, and the app has been reinstalled multiple tim...

• On windows the spotify app out of the microsoftstore, and the downloaded version from the spotify website keeps doing the same. Cache has been cleared, hardware acceleration is off, computer is resta...
  • Lyubka
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Blocked content

Hi, I have a playlist full of songs from a Czech rapper (Řezník) but one day I saw that like a half of the songs were blocked.

• Visitor
  • Hi, I have a playlist full of songs from a Czech rapper (Řezník) but one day I saw that like a half of the songs were blocked.
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Windows app can't play when using 3.1 surround setup.

PlanPremiumCountryIndonesiaDeviceAcer Nitro 7Operating SystemWindows 11 My Question or IssueSpotify Windows app both UWP and non-UWP version can't play if the output is set on 3.1 surround sound. Video/How to reproduce: https://youtu.be/RBhchYa0tVkSp...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Indonesia Device Acer Nitro 7 Operating System Windows 11   My Question or Issue Spotify Windows app both UWP and non-UWP version can't play if the output is set o...
  • Lyubka
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution cannot seek in spotify windows (both MS store and direct exe install)

PlanPremiumCountryARGDevicePC. Windows 11Operating SystemW11 My Question or Issuecan't seek songs, as soon as I try to seek (even using the lyrics) it skips song. Tried reinstalling, and tried installing the other version (instead of store version, f...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country ARG Device PC. Windows 11 Operating System W11   My Question or Issue can't seek songs, as soon as I try to seek (even using the lyrics) it skips song. Tried reins...
  • austinjklim
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop] White Boxes after update

PlanPremiumCountryUSAOperating System(Windows 11) My Question or IssueWhite boxes have started showing up around my Spotify player. This has only started after the update. Does anyone know a fix?you can see one in the top right corner, but they come ...

astroace_0-1652447272038.png
  • Plan Premium Country USA Operating System (Windows 11)   My Question or Issue White boxes have started showing up around my Spotify player. This has only started after the update. Does a...
  • jimtunes
  • Casual Listener
  • 34 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Desktop
    Trouble Shooting
    White boxes
  • 34 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution Windows 10 Error - "Spotify can not play this right now. If you have files on your..."

I have recently clean installed Windows 10 home edition on my computer. Since the re-install I have not been able to use the desktop app for spotify to play songs. I am able to use the spotify desktop app to control my phone and the browser songs wit...

• I have recently clean installed Windows 10 home edition on my computer. Since the re-install I have not been able to use the desktop app for spotify to play songs.   I am able to use the spoti...
  • Lyubka
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Other] Listening while gaming

Ok so the Dev's might want to take a look at all the major gaming ports that are used out there so that there isn't port hogging going on between Major Games, their Launcher and Spotify. My and quit a but of my friends and gaming community have stopp...

• Ok so the Dev's might want to take a look at all the major gaming ports that are used out there so that there isn't port hogging going on between Major Games, their Launcher and Spotify. My and quit ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    Other
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Windows10 Desktop App does not see the speaker set-up that Android app sees

BACKGROUNDI use Spotify FamilyI use Windows10 Sonos Desktop version 1.1.48.625.g1c87c7f7I use Android Version version 8.5.94.839I wirelessly connect both units to the same WiFi (2,4Ghz) Router. The router ALSO has a Sonos Boost wired directly. Our ho...

• Regular
  • BACKGROUND I use Spotify Family I use Windows10 Sonos Desktop version 1.1.48.625.g1c87c7f7 I use Android Version version 8.5.94.839 I wirelessly connect both units to the same WiFi (2,4Ghz) Route...
  • aleaiactaest17
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

Question about local file quality

So recently I bought a vinyl of Purity Ring's begin again on vinyl. The album came with a download to some high quality mp3's, which sound incredibly nice. However when I imported them through the local files section of Spotify, I noticed that the so...

• So recently I bought a vinyl of Purity Ring's begin again on vinyl. The album came with a download to some high quality mp3's, which sound incredibly nice. However when I imported them thro...
  • Adeviant
  • Visitor
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Issue when dragging song from "Next in queue" to "Next up" section

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceDell Inspiron 16 Plus 7620Operating SystemWindows 11Spotify VersionSpotify for Windows (MS Store)1.1.99.878.g1e4ccc6eMy Question or IssueI like to drag songs from my manually created queue ("Next in queue") to the auto-generat...

• Roadie
  • Plan Free Country USA Device Dell Inspiron 16 Plus 7620 Operating System Windows 11 Spotify Version Spotify for Windows (MS Store) 1.1.99.878.g1e4ccc6e My Question or Issue I like to drag...
  • kaworu_bloodpaw
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Adding to Queue
    Desktop
    queue
    Song Queue
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution My spotify app keeps changing song

Hi,My spotify app on my laptop (Windows 11) keeps changing song whenever i click on the progress bar, i already reinstalled the app multiple times but it keeps happening. But when i use spotify web, it doesn't happen. does anyone know what happen to ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, My spotify app on my laptop (Windows 11) keeps changing song whenever i click on the progress bar, i already reinstalled the app multiple times but it keeps happening.   But when i use sp...
  • hopetoomuch
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify won't play any new songs

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceDesktop Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor the past couple of months, no new song releases have played on my Spotify app. I can listen to new releases through my browser and my phone, yet my Spotif...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Desktop  Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue For the past couple of months, no new song releases have played on my Spotify...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Web App not working, VPN is connected

I was working on my App development, and I needed to use VPN access for some API integration once the VPN was connected, the Spotify Web app started giving me a 403 status code error. I might be wrong here, but it is just feedback if this can be reso...

• Visitor
  • I was working on my App development, and I needed to use VPN access for some API integration once the VPN was connected, the Spotify Web app started giving me a 403 status code error.    ...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes