Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop app and web player

Desktop app and web player

My dear friends at Spotify,

I've been a devoted Spotify user for more than a decade, from the days of invitation-only access, and it remains, in my view, the finest music streaming service available.

However, I'd like to share some (hopefully) constructive feedback regarding the user interface and experience on the desktop platform.

Over the years, I've noticed that the desktop experience has regrettably deteriorated, leaving me wondering if the primary focus has shifted towards mobile devices. While the mobile app offers a more user-friendly experience, it too has room for improvement.

The recent redesign launched earlier this year, in particular, has made it exceedingly challenging to use the desktop application effectively. Given that a significant portion of my day is spent in front of a computer, it's disheartening that the only 'good' solution for enjoying music while I work seems to be using the mobile app.

As an active member of the UX community, this situation deeply concerns me. I wonder whether extensive research was conducted before implementing this design. I find it difficult to believe that such a design would receive positive feedback from users, especially considering the numerous complaints I've come across. It's important to consider not just those who vocalize their concerns but also those who may have silently left the platform due to these issues.

If research was indeed conducted and it led to the current design, I would kindly suggest reevaluating the research methods and perhaps considering a different approach. Your platform has been a vital part of countless people's lives, and I'm confident that with the right adjustments, it can continue to be a leading force in the world of music streaming.

Warmest regards,

❤️❤️❤️

0 Replies

Suggested posts