Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Add to Queue button Missing now

Solved!

Add to Queue button Missing now

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

I recently have seen that I can no longer add songs to my queue. It works on mobile still but I do not know how to add them to queue any more. The button is not in the right click menu or in the 3 dots menu as pictured below. Is there a setting I'm missing or is there something messed up with my update? I have tried relaunching spotify and that did not fix my issue. My friend is also having a similar issue.

BITEPEOPLE_0-1639796349666.png

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

For some people googling this, there is no need to do a clean install. No need to update, etc. The issue is that you MUST already have something playing or in your "Next From" in order to "add to play queue."  This is silly, but it is one of those annoying UI things where spotify always wants to have something in the "Next From: ____ " at the end of your queue.  

This may not have been the issue for the original poster, but it was the issue for me. 

View solution in original post

16 Replies

Hey there, glad you asked here!

Could you please share the version of your Spotify App? (Top Left Menu>Help>About Spotify). Also, make sure your Desktop App is always updated. If that does not help, try a clean install of the Desktop App. There is a quick guide for the same. Let us know how it goes.

Throw a like my way or mark this as a solution if I helped. ‌😊

AmayySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Spotify for Windows
1.1.74.631.g0b24d9ad

This is the version I am using. I have performed a clean install and that did not fix the issue the add to queue button is still not there for me. 

Hi there @BITEPEOPLE,

Thank you for your reply and confirmation.

Can you try perform a clean reinstall again but this time in Safe Mode?

If that doesn't do the trick, can you let us know if you're using the version from our official website or from Microsoft store?

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Sorry if this double posts. I hit post but it never sent. I tried performing a clean install while in safe mode and it did not fix the issue. While in safe mode I clean installed from both the  website and the microsoft store and neither of them made a difference. However, generally I use the version from the official website.

Hi @BITEPEOPLE,

Thank you for keeping in touch.

Could you confirm if the Add to queue option is missing from certain sections of the app (playlists, albums, radios, etc.)? Or is it missing from all of them? 

Also, can you log in with another account, such as a friend's or a family member's to see if the issue persists? Alternatively, you can create a free account here, just make sure you're logged out of your own account before creating a new one.  

Keep us posted!

MafeGModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Apologies on the delay on this response I have been on vacation and away from my computer. I have attempted to test out every way I can to add to queue and none of them are working. I made a new account and the issue persists. I am still unable to add songs to my queue.

Hi again @BITEPEOPLE,

Thank you for getting back in touch with us and for the confirmation.

We've double checked this from our end. However we can't reproduce this so it would be great if we can get some more information so that we can continue looking into this.

Do you see the queue icon in the bottom bar? If you do, can you add songs by dragging them there?

Can you give us the exact steps that you go through to get this behavior, including info on where you're is starting playback from?

It would also be great if you can provide us a screenshot or a screen recording of what you see when you open the queue?

Keep us posted 🙂

Take care!

JeremyModerator
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Well as much as I hate to do this if someone else is experiencing this issue as well. It seems like the issue has resolved itself? I exited out of spotify again just to have a fresh window for when I began screen recording and originally there's nothing there however after playing a song I can start adding things to queue. I'm not sure what fixed it as even while playing music before I could not add anything but it seems like the issue has resolved itself. Not sure why I couldn't add songs at the beginning to queue but everything appears to be resolved and I'm not sure what the original issue was anyways. I'm attaching the screen recording anyways just to show what wasn't working and what was. 

Hey @BITEPEOPLE

Thanks for all the info you've sent us! We're glad to hear that now it's working as expected. Give us a shout if it starts misbehaving again; we're always here to help. 

Have a great weekend 🙂

EniModerator

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp
Marked as solution

For some people googling this, there is no need to do a clean install. No need to update, etc. The issue is that you MUST already have something playing or in your "Next From" in order to "add to play queue."  This is silly, but it is one of those annoying UI things where spotify always wants to have something in the "Next From: ____ " at the end of your queue.  

This may not have been the issue for the original poster, but it was the issue for me. 

@claphands Oh my goodness, what a stupid problem and solution -- but it worked. Thank you!

Damn I wish this person a great day cause they just saved my day from getting ruined. I tried literally everything else there was on this and other websites but tis worked

I tried but missing in playlists but not in songs

Hey @Sreevatsa,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you elaborate further on your experience so we can provide the best possible solution? You can also post a few annotated screenshots to make it clearer.

Keep us posted.

Cheers!

DianModerator

Screenshot_2023-09-08-22-33-42-86_0438eb925998df20b3482ec25499d226.jpg

See there is no add to queue option to add PLAYLIST in the queue but for songs I'm getting

Hi @Sreevatsa,

Thanks for the reply. This is a known Ongoing Issue. Check out the thread and provide the requested information to help us investigate this.

Hope this helps.

JoanModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts