Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 32 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution "Similar artists" is missing since UI update

PlanPremium Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSince the new UI update which was installed automatically on my work laptop today the feature "Similar artists" is gone which was displayed at an artists page on the right corner of the site....

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Since the new UI update which was installed automatically on my work laptop today the feature "Similar artists" is g...
  • T1964
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Radio recommendations always play the same 20 songs for years

I've been a spotify premium subscriber since shortly after the service came to USA. For several years i used the radio features to discover dozens of new artists i had never heard of and it was one of the most valuable features in spotify for me. for...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been a spotify premium subscriber since shortly after the service came to USA. For several years i used the radio features to discover dozens of new artists i had never heard of and it was one o...
  • Mario
  • Spotify Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes
  • algorithm
    bug
    issue
    Radio
  • 7 replies
  • 4 likes

Adding Album Art to Local Files

PlanPremiumCountry India DeviceSamsung Galaxy M02Operating SystemAndroid Oreo My Question or IssueHow can I add album art to the MP3 files that I have imported on to my "Local Files" folder? I am a Windows and Android v10 user

• Gig Goer
  • Plan Premium Country  India   Device Samsung Galaxy M02 Operating System Android Oreo   My Question or Issue How can I add album art to the MP3 files that I have im...
  • AeroZ
  • Composer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Play all tracks from folder

PlanPremiumCountry SwedenDevicePC and AndroidOperating SystemWindows 10 and Android My Question or Issue Hi, Recently you have removed the ability to play all tracks from a folder of two levels. I have a folder that contained subfolders that had trac...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country  Sweden Device PC and Android Operating System Windows 10 and Android   My Question or Issue  Hi,   Recently you have removed the ability to play ...
  • Hugol0l
  • Music Fan
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Don't have the option to download albums on desktop

I have Premium and can download albums using my iPhone but I dont see the download option on desktop. My only option is to SAVE. I updated my version to the most recent, Reinstalled it and it still isn't giving me a download option. Plan$9.99 Premium...

• Casual Listener
  •   I have Premium and can download albums using my iPhone but I dont see the download option on desktop. My only option is to SAVE. I updated my version to the most recent,  Reinstalled it...
  • AadityakiranS
  • Gig Goer
  • 28 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 28 replies
  • 14 likes

Sorting By Date

With your new update you guys made it so that you only sort by date with the newest stuff at the bottom. I really prefer being able to sort by date so that I can have my newest music on my playlists at the top. Please bring this back.

• Visitor
  • With your new update you guys made it so that you only sort by date with the newest stuff at the bottom. I really prefer being able to sort by date so that I can have my newest music on my playlists ...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Version 1.1.58 - while creating new playlist from the Album - the Artists name is not added anymore

After the latest update (Spotify 1.1.58.820.g2ae50076-a for Windows) - when the New playlist is being created from the Album (... -> A dd to playlist -> New Playlist) the Artist name is no more added to the Playlist name, so you have to manually add ...

romanaleksejuk_0-1620407552480.png
  • Music Fan
  • After the latest update (Spotify 1.1.58.820.g2ae50076-a for Windows) - when the New playlist is being created from the Album (... -> A   dd to playlist -> New Playlist) the Artist n...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Rearrange playlist order

Plan $4.99/month version I forget what it's called Country USA Device HP1030G2(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System Windows 10 pro(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueUp until this most recent upda...

• Music Fan
  • Plan $4.99/month version I forget what it's called   Country USA   Device HP1030G2 (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System Windows 10 pro (iOS 10, Androi...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Media buttons not working

None of my media buttons were working, i tried every solution i found online but nothing worked. Im currently using a logitech bluettoth keyboard k375s After a couple of hours i installed Logitech options software and un clicked "USE F1 - F12 as stan...

• Visitor
  • None of my media buttons were working, i tried every solution i found online but nothing worked.   Im currently using a logitech bluettoth keyboard k375s   After a couple of hours i ins...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • media controls
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution After New Windows UI Update Old Search Results Disappeared

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueHello, i’m what you could call a power user. So i often search for artists, songs or albums i...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue Hello, ...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Queue] Adding multiple songs to playlist not working

PlanPremiumCountryPortugalDeviceWindowsOperating SystemWindows 10Version1.1.57.443.ga029a6c4-a My Question or IssueI can't add multiple songs to the queue. When I drag and drop only get the first one is added. If I try to drag and drop to the button ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Portugal Device Windows Operating System Windows 10 Version 1.1.57.443.ga029a6c4-a   My Question or Issue I can't add multiple songs to the queue. When I drag an...
  • Novy
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • queue
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution The songs on playlist is unplayable

PlanFreeCountryVietnamDeviceHP LaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThis morning, all songs on my Spotify said "The content is not available" and the song I previously opened the song timestamp was from 0:00 to 0:00. If someone can he...

• Plan Free Country Vietnam Device HP Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue This morning, all songs on my Spotify said "The content is not available" and the song I p...
  • Jeremy
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution this new Spotify update is flat-out ridiculous

why did you remove the ability to hide tracks? why did you remove Hide track feature? I'm starting to see a whole lot of unavailable tracks in my playlist. I don't see any way to remove it whatsoever. also why did you remove scan local disk feature

• Gig Goer
  • why did you remove the ability to hide tracks?  why did you remove Hide track feature?  I'm starting to see a whole lot of unavailable tracks in my playlist. I don't see any way t...
  • Alex
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Poor performance in general

I tried today to continue to update and maintain my playlists. Unfortunately, the display of the playlists since the update takes quite a long time, after deleting a playlist, the whole application jumps back to "Libary / Bibilothek", which also mean...

• Music Fan
  • I tried today to continue to update and maintain my playlists. Unfortunately, the display of the playlists since the update takes quite a long time, after deleting a playlist, the whole application j...
  • Alex
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Reverse order playlist filter no longer available?

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceASUS Zenbook (laptop)Operating SystemWindows My Question or IssueNow the Spotify desktop app has changed to 'Spotify Premium' I cannot seem to order my playlist from newest song to oldest? When I select 'date added' as an or...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device ASUS Zenbook (laptop) Operating System Windows   My Question or Issue Now the Spotify desktop app has changed to 'Spotify Premium' I cannot seem to order...
  • Alex
  • 28 replies
  • 4 likes
  • Help
  • 28 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution add queue to playlist is duplicating songs

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceThinkPad T580Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen I add my whole song queue to a playlist, it is adding each song twice. This only happens when I select all (CTRL-A) and Right Click -> Add to Playli...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device ThinkPad T580 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When I add my whole song queue to a playlist, it is adding each song twice. T...
  • Alex
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop][Playlists] Date Added (computer mode)

Now that you've updated computer mode, it's hard to make sure that you can flip the date added column. There used to be a specific column with the date it was added on computer mode, and now that's completely gone. So when you put it to sort by date ...

• Casual Listener
  • Now that you've updated computer mode, it's hard to make sure that you can flip the date added column. There used to be a specific column with the date it was added on computer mode, and now that's c...
  • Eni
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Desktop
    Playlists
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution Desktop and cell phone don't syncronize

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilDevice(Desktop - Windows 10 Pro) My Question or IssueI can't connect my desktop with my phone. I'm able to listen to two different songs at the same time.I reinstalled Spotify in both devices, logged out and relogged in and no...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Brazil Device (Desktop - Windows 10 Pro)   My Question or Issue I can't connect my desktop with my phone. I'm able to listen to two different songs at the same time....
  • CarlosE
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Bug while searching for songs to add to a playlist.

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceWindows PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen in a playlist if I use the "find more" button, which lets me search for songs, when I try to play a song that pops up, it will stop playing whatever is already p...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Windows PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When in a playlist if I use the "find more" button, which lets me search for songs, when I...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Downgrade or switching back UI

PlanPremiumCountryHungaryDeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Hi! I would like to ask whether I could downgrade the Windows desktop app, or switch back to the previous UI somehow?P.S.: Am I the only one who thinks it was pe...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Hungary Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   Hi! I would like to ask whether I could downgrade the Windows desktop ap...
  • CarlosE
  • 5 replies
  • 14 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 14 likes