NEXT STEP

Spotify stopping while listening + songs not downloading

Spotify stopping while listening + songs not downloading

Plan

Premium

Operating System

Windows 11

My Question or Issue

I'm currently at my wits end with these 2 issues. The Spotify app AND Web Player stop playing certain songs with a "Can't play the current song" error. On some occasions it carries on stopping and starting as if it were buffering on slow internet (attached is a speedtest, my internet speed is not the issue here) but no other service gives me this problem. Spotify works just fine on my mobile.

I tried doing a clean reinstall (I've tried both the direct download from spotify and the Microsoft store download), disabling hardware acceleration, changing streaming quality, setting my audio output device as default and still the problem persists.

After doing the clean install, I lost all my downloads as expected, but now I'm trying to download them again and they keep getting stuck with 1 download, if I'm lucky some playlists download a song every 15 minutes or so.

These problems have made the service I'm paying money for completely unusable on desktop where I do most of my listening, so I'm understandably really upset with this. Does anyone have any solutions to these issues?

image.png
image.png
1 Reply

Hey @SocktoberClassic,

Thanks for reaching out and nice troubleshooting so far! 🙂

Are you by any chance using a VPN connection? This may interfere with the app's functionality, so we'd advise excluding Spotify from the VPN service if that is possible.
Aside from this, we can also take a look if clearing the host files would make any difference.
You can see how to do so by following this article over here.

Keep us posted on how things go!

VasilModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts