Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Touchscreen on Windows

Touchscreen on Windows

Plan

Premium

Country

Bulgaria

Device

MS Surface Pro

Operating System

Windows 11

My Question or Issue

Touch interaction has become unbearable in the last year. It was never good on PC, but at least it was not actively preventing me from using the app.

There seems to be a bug in your implementation that converts every touch, even scroll and two-finger scroll to click.

So whenever I try to scroll through playlists or songs it opens the context menu, thus blocking further access until the menu is dismissed.

For comparison, the web player behaves as expected.

This should be an easy fix, please expedite it.

8 Replies

Hey @begem0t,

Thank you for posting here in the Community!

Spotify constantly strives to improve the user experience with its features and the easiest way to achieve this is by regular app updates. That's why we appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us and we'll make sure to pass it onto the right team, as we always want you to enjoy using our services. 

Hopefully you'll see if it gets improved but we can't provide an exact timeline for this to happen.

Cheers! 

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi Lyubka,

This problem has been bothering me as well. I also run Windows 11 on a Surface pro. It is very annoying to say the least because with every stroke I make in a list I have to press in an empty space to deselect the menu that has just been opened to be able to continue scrolling. I hope Spotify will pick this up quickly, as this problem doesn't make the app easy to use, it is not user-friendly this way.

Cheers.

Same issue on my HP Spectre X360 convertible. Very annoying!!

Same issue with ASUS ZenBook Pro Duo on Windows 11.

Same issue with Surface Pro 7 on Windows 11

It's solved for me now after I've received an update today. Much better!

Indeed, seems finally fixed. 
Thank you.

I'm still having this issue. Every scroll is equivalent to a right click. Only with touch though. Using a mouse has no issues. I'm using a first Gen surface pro as a bedside streamer.

Suggested posts