Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Don_D
  • Music Fan
  • 72 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 72 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ytse
  • Casual Listener
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 256 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Lyrics/mic icon still not working

I have Spotify premium (not sure if it matters) and the lyric feature (the mic icon in the now playing bar) is still not working. I uninstalled and reinstalled, logged out and back in, nothing will get it to work. I've seen threads saying this issue ...

• Visitor
  • I have Spotify premium (not sure if it matters) and the lyric feature (the mic icon in the now playing bar) is still not working. I uninstalled and reinstalled, logged out and back in, nothing will g...
  • HalfNathan
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Desktop App cant connect via LAN

PlanPremiumCountryGermanyDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 Hello,my Spotify Windows 10 Desktop-App can't built a connection to the Internet via LAN.Every title is grey instead of white. When i try to play something it says "Bitte deaktiviere de...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country Germany Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   Hello, my Spotify Windows 10 Desktop-App can't built a connection to the Internet via LAN. Every title is gre...
  • niellz
  • Music Fan
  • 21 replies
  • 1 likes
  • lan
    Windows
  • 21 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify can't play this right now

I have a very unusual problem with playing songs.Firstly all songs from Searh menu cannot be played with "Spotify can't play this right now" which one isnt showing all time but when I added them into liked, it started playing.I tired all solutions li...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a very unusual problem with playing songs. Firstly all songs from Searh menu cannot be played with "Spotify can't play this right now" which one isnt showing all time but when I added them in...
  • Eni
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution spotify wont open even after a clean reinstall

about 2 days ago i started having an issue where spotify wouldnt open, id try and open it and then nothing, not even task manager shows anything. i tried reinstalling it and that didnt work so i tried a clean reinstall and that didnt work either and ...

• Casual Listener
  • about 2 days ago i started having an issue where spotify wouldnt open, id try and open it and then nothing, not even task manager shows anything. i tried reinstalling it and that didnt work so i trie...
  • Eni
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution All songs on all playlists unavailable after update, then "Something Went Wrong" message

PlanPremiumCountryUnited StatesDeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueRight after my Spotify Desktop updated itself this morning, every single song in every one of my playlists were disabled and couldn't be played, with a "Con...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country United States Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10     My Question or Issue Right after my Spotify Desktop updated itself this morning, every single...
  • Lyubka
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Feature - Continue play on PC speakers AND cast to Google Cast device.

Has anyone found out a workaround to play audio on a PC and Google Home device at the same time? Would love to utilize my PC speakers as a home device.

• Visitor
  • Has anyone found out a workaround to play audio on a PC and Google Home device at the same time? Would love to utilize my PC speakers as a home device.
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Screen keep going to flicker when I play a song

CountrySwitzerlandDeviceDell Latitude 7490Operating System Windows 10 My Question or IssueSince today, my two screens keep going to flicker when I start to play a song.

• Country Switzerland Device Dell Latitude 7490 Operating System  Windows 10   My Question or Issue Since today, my two screens keep going to flicker when I start to play a song.
  • AlejaR
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution All playlist are empty only on desktop

PlanPremiumDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 I have spotify premium and i use it on 3 devices: on my desktop, on my laptop and on my Android phone and also in the web player. Since one month i can't listen any song on spotify but only in my des...

spot.png
  • Visitor
  • Plan Premium Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   I have spotify premium and i use it on 3 devices: on my desktop, on my laptop and on my Android phone and also in the web player....
  • AlejaR
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution why can i not remove songs from my playlist

when I know longer want to have a song on my playlist i used to be able to delete it from any of my own playlists i use this function to manage the size of my playlists

• when I know longer want to have a song on my playlist i used to be able to delete it from any of my own playlists i use this function to manage the size of my playlists
  • Jeremy
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playback speed seems to be sped up on Desktop app

I've been listening to some songs I am VERY familiar with, and they seem to be playing much faster than they should be. Some sound just faster, but other, slower songs get distorted.

• I've been listening to some songs I am VERY familiar with, and they seem to be playing much faster than they should be. Some sound just faster, but other, slower songs get distorted.
  • Lyubka
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify doesn't detect external speakers unplug on laptop Realtek HD audio

Spotify version1.1.53.608.g7ed9c03a (Microsoft Store version) DeviceMSI GS66 laptop with Realtek HD audio chispethttps://www.msi.com/Laptop/GS66-Stealth-10SX/Specification Operating SystemWindows 10 20H2 (19042.844)Realtek HD Audio Codecs 6.0.9102 My...

• Regular
  • Spotify version 1.1.53.608.g7ed9c03a (Microsoft Store version)   Device MSI GS66 laptop with Realtek HD audio chispet https://www.msi.com/Laptop/GS66-Stealth-10SX/Specification   Ope...
  • MihailY
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution playlist view

Hi - When using Spotify on the windows desktop app, I click on Home, then playlist and the screen is then dominated by all my 'playlists', but the hierachy is lost...it just lists out all playlists not 'master & slave' playlists. This is really poor ...

• Visitor
  • Hi - When using Spotify on the windows desktop app, I click on Home, then playlist and the screen is then dominated by all my 'playlists', but the hierachy is lost...it just lists out all playlists ...
  • MihailY
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Playlists don't sync between PCs or Android

I use spotify on 2 PCs and an Android phone. A while ago (weeks) I noticed playlists didn't sync between PC and Android, but I guessed from PC to Android might take a while (even though the devices were on the same wifi network). Lately (days) playli...

• Regular
  • I use spotify on 2 PCs and an Android phone.   A while ago (weeks) I noticed playlists didn't sync between PC and Android, but I guessed from PC to Android might take a while (even though th...
  • sierana
  • Visitor
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Features missing from Hip Hop genre.

Previous to Monday, the Hip Hop genre had multiple sections such as "Popular Playlists", "New Releases", "Viral Hits", "Throwbacks", etc. As of today, none of these sections are available within the Hip Hop genre and instead it's just a bunch of rand...

• Casual Listener
  • Previous to Monday, the Hip Hop genre had multiple sections such as "Popular Playlists", "New Releases", "Viral Hits", "Throwbacks", etc. As of today, none of these sections are available within the ...
  • MihailY
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Switching playback devices to PC during podcast causes episode to stop.

I routinely switch between my phone (iOS), PC (Windows 10), and SONOS speakers while listening to podcasts, depending on what I'm doing. Leaving the house, switch to phone. Come home, switch to computer. Done with computer, switch to speakers. As a c...

• Regular
  • I routinely switch between my phone (iOS), PC (Windows 10), and SONOS speakers while listening to podcasts, depending on what I'm doing. Leaving the house, switch to phone. Come home, switch to com...
  • MihailY
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Can't access to local album from local files on free desktop version.

I switched from Groovy to Spotify because of the track cover art not displaying correctly in Groovy.I have around 300 mp3 files added as local files in the free desktop version of spotify. UX seems to be really cool but i can't filter my local files ...

• I switched from Groovy to Spotify because of the track cover art not displaying correctly in Groovy. I have around 300 mp3 files added as local files in the free desktop version of spotify. UX seems...
  • AlejaR
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Can't connect to speakers while connected to VPN

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceDell Latitude 7310Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen using the Spotify Desktop app on my work laptop I am unable to connect to my Alexa speakers while on my home Wi-Fi. My work laptop uses a VPN and I suspe...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device Dell Latitude 7310 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When using the Spotify Desktop app on my work laptop I am unable to connect to my ...
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Incorrect hitbox for minimise, maximise, & close buttons on displays with different scalings

PlanPremiumCountryMalaysiaDeviceZephyrus G14 (Ryzen 9 4900HS, RTX 2060)Operating SystemWindows 11 22H2Spotify VersionSpotify for Windows1.1.96.785.g464c973axpui_2022-10-12_1665572918637_464c973cef_105.3.38+g2a6a54b+chromium-105.0.5195.102 My Question...

sxxov_1-1665804411554.png sxxov_0-1665804343168.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Malaysia Device Zephyrus G14 (Ryzen 9 4900HS, RTX 2060) Operating System Windows 11 22H2 Spotify Version Spotify for Windows 1.1.96.785.g464c973a xpui_2022-10-12_16655...
  • MihailY
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • buttons
    Close Button
    maximise
    maximize
    minimise
    minimize
    Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes