My Question or Issue
A few weeks ago i reinstalled spotify, can't remember the issue i was having at the time, anyway when i reinstalled it all my playlists are empty and i can't play any songs no matter what, i click play and nothing happens.
Now my playlist works fine on the web browser and my phone, there is no issues at all, songs play the moment i click play and all my playlists are there.
I have been having this issue for weeks, i only installed spotify on my phone an hour ago to see if the issue was also happening there and it is not, my playlist and all shows up there.
Now to list everything i have tried.
1. Changed my DNS to googles to see if that helped.
2. Checked my audio for driver updates.
3. Disabled hardware acceleration.
4. Checked my hosts file, there is nothing with spotify in it, in fact it's empty.
5. Reinstalled multiple times, logged in and out.
6. Changed to offline mode to see if it would sync up after 10 mins.
7. Deleted storage and users folder.
8. Changed compatibility modes to windows 2003 and also tried windows 7.
9. Run as Admin.
10. Added it to my firewall exception even though it was already there.
11. Created a completely new account under a different email and username to see if it was an account issue, same problem exists.
12. Uninstalled equalizer apo and peace, thought that maybe it could be causing issues, still the same issue.
When you open the hosts file to delete lines with spotify, make sure it is with normal notepad and not notepadd ++, notepadd ++ seems to not contain a bunch of things inside the file that normal notepad shows.
Solved! Go to Solution.
When you open the hosts file to delete lines with spotify, make sure it is with normal notepad and not notepad ++, notepad ++ seems to be missing a few lines of text inside the file that normal notepad seems to show and 1 of those lines contained spotify, deleted and problem was instantly fixed.