Type in your question below and we'll check to see what answers we can find...
If you couldn't find any answers in the previous step then we need to post your question in the community and wait for someone to respond. You'll be notified when that happens.
Simply add some detail to your question and refine the title if needed, choose the relevant category, then post.
Before we can post your question we need you to quickly make an account (or sign in if you already have one).
Don't worry - it's quick and painless! Just click below, and once you're logged in we'll bring you right back here and post your question. We'll remember what you've already typed in so you won't have to do it again.
My Question or Issue
A few weeks ago i reinstalled spotify, can't remember the issue i was having at the time, anyway when i reinstalled it all my playlists are empty and i can't play any songs no matter what, i click play and nothing happens.
Now my playlist works fine on the web browser and my phone, there is no issues at all, songs play the moment i click play and all my playlists are there.
I have been having this issue for weeks, i only installed spotify on my phone an hour ago to see if the issue was also happening there and it is not, my playlist and all shows up there.
Now to list everything i have tried.
1. Changed my DNS to googles to see if that helped.
2. Checked my audio for driver updates.
3. Disabled hardware acceleration.
4. Checked my hosts file, there is nothing with spotify in it, in fact it's empty.
5. Reinstalled multiple times, logged in and out.
6. Changed to offline mode to see if it would sync up after 10 mins.
7. Deleted storage and users folder.
8. Changed compatibility modes to windows 2003 and also tried windows 7.
9. Run as Admin.
10. Added it to my firewall exception even though it was already there.
11. Created a completely new account under a different email and username to see if it was an account issue, same problem exists.
12. Uninstalled equalizer apo and peace, thought that maybe it could be causing issues, still the same issue.
When you open the hosts file to delete lines with spotify, make sure it is with normal notepad and not notepadd ++, notepadd ++ seems to not contain a bunch of things inside the file that normal notepad shows.
Solved! Go to Solution.
When you open the hosts file to delete lines with spotify, make sure it is with normal notepad and not notepad ++, notepad ++ seems to be missing a few lines of text inside the file that normal notepad seems to show and 1 of those lines contained spotify, deleted and problem was instantly fixed.