Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 26 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • cour10e22
  • Regular
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 265 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify windows app its not playing specific artists and albums

Mötley Crue and Def Leppard.I try through Android App and it's working fine, I restarted the application and didn't work.My windows app version is:Spotify for Windows1.1.98.691.gf759311c

• Mötley Crue and Def Leppard. I try through Android App and it's working fine, I restarted the application and didn't work. My windows app version is: Spotify for Windows 1.1.98.691.gf759311c
  • rpkincer
  • Casual Listener
  • 16 replies
  • 4 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 4 likes

Superuser Contribution Put the Playlist, Podcasts, Artists and Albums back in the sidebar

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDeviceiPhone 6S PlusOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueFor a long time I managed to avoid getting the UI updates because I really disliked how many extra clicks it required me to get to where I wanted to go. Unfort...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device iPhone 6S Plus Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue For a long time I managed to avoid getting the UI updates because I really disliked...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • UI
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Wrong screentrasition for collapsing image of currently playing song

On the Desktop app and Web player, you can expand and collapse the image of the currently playing song, if you expand the image it smoothly slides out left of the now playing bar and up to the navigation page. However, when collapsing it does still s...

• On the Desktop app and Web player, you can expand and collapse the image of the currently playing song, if you expand the image it smoothly slides out left of the now playing bar and up to the naviga...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify randomly crashes after 2-3 songs

I open the app, and it works totally fine and does what it needs to... until I play something. It sounds great and works fine for the first 2 maybe even 3 songs, but then the app will exit itself out of nowhere and crash. Been going on for quite some...

• Regular
  • I open the app, and it works totally fine and does what it needs to... until I play something. It sounds great and works fine for the first 2 maybe even 3 songs, but then the app will exit itself out...
  • Taylith
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Volume is 100% max every time I start up

After updating to the latest version of Spotify for Windows (7/22/2018) I've had an issue. Every time I start my computer, the volume on Spotify reverts to 100%. Of course, I forget, and it blasts my ears as I scramble to turn it down. This, of cours...

• After updating to the latest version of Spotify for Windows (7/22/2018) I've had an issue.  Every time I start my computer, the volume on Spotify reverts to 100%.  Of course, I forget, and ...
  • Scrotus
  • Visitor
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 11 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify sometjing went wrong even on offline mode when no internet

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI want to play music on my PC during a power outage where I have no internet (generator hooked up though), but Spotify desktop keeps popping up with the something went wro...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Canada Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I want to play music on my PC during a power outage where I have no internet (generator hooked ...
  • Lyubka
  • 16 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 16 replies
  • 2 likes

Won't play the ads and stops all activity

Plan - Free, USA, Desktop computer, Win 8.1 My Question or IssueI start a playlist. It plays about 3 songs, then transfers to a 30 second ad and stops completely. NO ad, just a blank 30 second time line. Links no longer work, I can't start the playli...

• Plan - Free, USA, Desktop computer, Win 8.1   My Question or Issue I start a playlist. It plays about 3 songs, then transfers to a 30 second ad and stops completely. NO ad, just a blank 30 se...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Useless Podcast Filter

PlanPremiumCountryChileDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI select "on progress" on the filter and it show PLAYED chapters, that makes no sense

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Chile Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I select "on progress" on the filter and it show PLAYED chapters, that makes no sense
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist folder album art missing

PlanPremiumCountryNew ZealndDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueAlbum art stops showing within seconds when switching to new playlist, then it appears again after clicking on the album.Attachment 2: As soon as switching to Pla...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country New Zealnd Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Album art stops showing within seconds when switching to new playlist, then it appears...
  • RamiroRego
  • Casual Listener
  • 38 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 38 replies
  • 8 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify won't play songs from search

PlanPremiumCountryCanadaOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen I search a song in the spotify app, it will not let me play it. I can click on the play button, but nothing happens. I can only play songs form my library. I have already tri...

•   Plan Premium Country Canada Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When I search a song in the spotify app, it will not let me play it. I can click on the play button...
  • Vasil
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Ads won't play, causing me to shut down the app

I'm using Spotify Free, and when it comes time for an ad to play, instead it just goes silent for several minutes. Usually I have to close the app and reopen to be able to listen to music. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm using the app on Window...

• I'm using Spotify Free, and when it comes time for an ad to play, instead it just goes silent for several minutes.  Usually I have to close the app and reopen to be able to listen to music.&nbsp...
  • Lyubka
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution エラーが発生したようです ページを再度読み込んでください 上記の表示が出ます。

一度アンインストールしてから、インストールし直してもエラーが出ます。

• Visitor
  • 一度アンインストールしてから、インストールし直してもエラーが出ます。
  • OscarDC
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Add to a list takes duplicated items without warning in windows

Plan PremiumCountrySpainDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen I Add an item to a list in my library, the windows application does not warn if the song is already in the list. I've got duplicated items in the lists with the last ...

• Music Fan
  •   Plan  Premium Country Spain Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When I Add an item to a list in my library, the windows application does not warn ...
  • kaworu_bloodpaw
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Only songs in my library can be played.

PlanPremiumCountry DeviceWindows desktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueRecently I came across a weird problem on my desktop app.Only the songs in my library can be played. Other songs cannot be played.All other platforms work normally...

• Plan Premium Country   Device Windows desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Recently I came across a weird problem on my desktop app. Only the songs in my li...
  • kaworu_bloodpaw
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Cannot vote on enhanced playlist suggestions in large playlist?

I have a large playlist, about 2,500 tracks, that I gave a shot using the new enhance feature to add some variety since it's largely a dump of about 20 similar artists' discographies as well as random other similar music.Normally when clicking the al...

• Gig Goer
  • I have a large playlist, about 2,500 tracks, that I gave a shot using the new enhance feature to add some variety since it's largely a dump of about 20 similar artists' discographies as well as rando...
  • Lyubka
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why is the now playing bar not forwarding

After my internet suddenly went out and went back again, the Now Playing bar is not updating. Like when I switch to the song and it's 10s it's still 5s in Spotify.

• Casual Listener
  • After my internet suddenly went out and went back again, the Now Playing bar is not updating. Like when I switch to the song and it's 10s it's still 5s in Spotify.
  • some_random_dude
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Facebook connect error and collaborative not working.

When I try to connect Facebook in the Spotify desktop app (Windows) I get an error every time. I have already worked through the typical troubleshooting steps. Also, when I send the invite collaborators link to my friend he is unable to add songs to ...

• When I try to connect Facebook in the Spotify desktop app (Windows) I get an error every time. I have already worked through the typical troubleshooting steps. Also, when I send the invite collaborat...
  • AlejaR
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify wont start

PlanPremiumCountryFinlandDeviceHP PCOperating SystemWindows 11 My Question or IssueMy spotify wont start. theres no task going on and i have tried a lot of things but nothing seems to work

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Finland Device HP PC Operating System Windows 11   My Question or Issue My spotify wont start. theres no task going on and i have tried a lot of things but nothing...
  • OscarDC
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

why is the progress bar for chrome web player not moving when i play a song

this has never happened on my web player before. when i interact with the pause/play button, the progress bar will update but still will not move after

• Visitor
  • this has never happened on my web player before. when i interact with the pause/play button, the progress bar will update but still will not move after
  • kaworu_bloodpaw
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes