Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Songs fading in and out

Solved!

Songs fading in and out

Plan - Premium

Country - UK

Device - Windows 10 laptop

My Question or Issue

Recently I've been regularly having a problem with songs constantly fading in and out.  The reduction in volume is very brief, less than a second, and occurs dozens of times with a single track.  This started happening about two weeks ago and doesn't seem to happen when I use Spotify with my Android phone. It also does not happen every time I use the service.  

I looked at some earlier posts and can say that it is not an issue with crossfade, which is disabled regardless. I've tried with both high- and low-quality streaming and the volume is not normalized. I also tried disabling enhancements on Windows, to no effect. 

Any ideas?  Thank you!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, thanks for reaching out.

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstallation of the app. Just follow the steps here. If it doesn't work try to use this more advanced guide 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey, thanks for reaching out.

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstallation of the app. Just follow the steps here. If it doesn't work try to use this more advanced guide 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest!

you just need to play with the volume setting on the app thats all i do and fixes it for the day

Suggested posts