NEXT STEP

USB sound card playback issue

USB sound card playback issue

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Since yesterday, each time I start the spotify app (on windows), I have to apply the following solution to make playback work:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/quot-Spotify-can-t-play-this-right-now-If-you-have-...

Specifically:

1. Start the app

2. Switch my default playback device from my sound card to my monitor

3. Start playing music

4. Switch the default playback device back to my sound card

The solution is not permanent, and needs to be applied each time I start the app. Is there a more permanent solution?

The issue is unique to this app, and I have made no configuration/hardware changes before/after this issue started yesterday.

Thanks in advance.

5 Replies

Hey there @octanitro

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community. 

First up, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. This one is more thorough than the usual one. 

If this doesn't do the trick, we suggest that you try restarting your router to see if that makes the difference. 

Lastly, we'd recommend to check your firewall and antivirus software or apps to make sure Spotify is whitelisted or set as an exception.

Keep us posted on how it goes.

EniModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Thank you Eni for you reply, unfortunately none of these solved my issue.

I double checked the firewall, and there's already exceptions for spotify there, and I tried temporarily deactivating my AV just in case. Since the app is able to play music once I change the sound output, I doubt it is network related. My sound card is set to 32bit/384000Hz normally - does Spotify have a history of issues with higher bitrate sound settings?

Thanks again for your help.

Hi @octanitro,

Thank you for your reply.

Please go to Settings and turn off the option "Enable Hardware Acceleration". Then restart the app and see if you notice any change. 

If the issue persists, please reinstall the app again, but this time make sure to download it from the Microsoft Store. 

If you need a hand with anything else, the Community is here for you.

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

The solution that ended up working was reducing my sound quality down to 32bit/192kHz.

Thanks for your help during the troubleshooting.

Was the same problem. I am using FIIO KA3

Suggested posts