Premium

Country

United States

Device

HP Omen 16-a0xxx (i5-10300H, 1660ti)

Operating System

Windows 11, 21H2

My Question or Issue

When lyrics screen is open, CPU and/or GPU usage spikes occasionally, causing interruptions to certain activities, such as gaming.

7 Replies

Hey @Grafando,

Thanks for posting here.

Could you please share with us the following? We'll look into this further.

• The exact Spotify version that is running on your PC
  • If you've tried any troubleshooting steps
  • When did this start occurring?
  • A screenshot of what you're seeing

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have the same problem, it only happens when the lyrics screen is showing, it disappears as soon as I iconize the lyrics screen, I am also on Windows 11 Pro version 21H2, I am a premium user running Spotify for Windows (64 bit) 1.2.17.834.g26ee1129

I have only noticed this recently.

spotify GPU useage.jpg

Hi there @JohnnyBeGood1

Thanks for reaching out about this and welcome to the Community! 

First up, it's well worth running a clean reinstall to get rid of any cached files that might be causing trouble. 

If this doesn't do the trick, we suggest that you head to Settings > toggle on Show Local Files > toggle off all the sources that appear there > toggle off Show Local Files

Let us know how it goes. 

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

ok, I did as you suggested, it lowered CPU a little and increased GPU (see attachment) it does not really bother me as I do not see any side effects and if it did I would just iconise the lyrics screen

spotify GPU useage 2.jpg

Hi there @JohnnyBeGood1,

Thanks for the post.

Can you try playing around with the Hardware acceleration setting from the Spotify app settings? Try turning it on or off and see how your system behaves then.

Also, make sure you're running the latest available version of your GPU driver. Outdated drivers can sometimes cause issues like this even with a music app like Spotify.

Keep us posted on how you get on.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I turned the hardware acceleration on and off, testing in both states, did not seem to make a difference, but I confirm that iconising the Lyrics window makes the problem disappear completely.

Hi @JohnnyBeGood1,

Thanks for the reply and info provided. 

There are still a few things you can try. For starters, try cleaning up your hosts file on Windows. following these steps. Once done, check if the issue persists.

If not, we understand you've already reinstalled the app, but you can try installing the app version from the Microsoft Store if you installed the website one and vice versa.

We'll look forward to your reply!

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Suggested posts