Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

My daily mixes keep changing

My daily mixes keep changing

While I was playing one of my Daily Mixes, for some reason, the lineup keeps changing, making it more confusing

13 Replies

Hi @RansomGhost,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Could you give us more info about this, so we can make sure we're on the same page? Does the order of the songs inside the playlists keep changing or is it the playlists themselves?

Feel free to even attach a screenshot, showing exactly what you're referring to. That would make it easier for us to get a clear understanding of the issue and help out. You can also share what troubleshooting you've tried so far, so we avoid repeating the steps.

Keep us posted on this. Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

the order of the songs inside the playlists keep changing when I play

Hey there @RansomGhost,

Thanks for getting back in touch.

First up, we'd recommend logging out and then logging back in two times in a row on your devices. It sounds a bit odd, but it forces a sync between the account and your device. 

If this doesn't do the trick, could you let us know if this is happening across devices or only on a specific one?

Lastly, could you send us a short video of what's happening on your end, so we can take a closer look? You can send a link to it or attach it using the Insert Video option in the post editor. 

We'll be on the lookout for your reply.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Same thing has been happening to me today.  The order gets subtly adjusted every now and again, so a song I've heard maybe one or two song previously is suddenly playing again.

Hey @alexjhancock,

Thanks for posting here.

Just to double-check-are there any changes after trying the steps @Eni mentioned?

If nothing changes, could you please share with us a video recording of what you're seeing? Just make sure any sensitive or private info is hidden. We'll look into this further.

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I tried the suggestions above. I took a screenshot at 11:45, continued working with Spotify playing in the background, just went back to the window and the order suddenly changed in front of me! See second screenshot.

Spotify Daily Mix Change 1145.jpg
Spotify Daily Mix Change 1223.jpg

Hi @alexjhancock,

Thanks for sending these screenshots!

Have you noticed your Daily Mixes updating this way more than once per day? Do these changes reflect on the mobile app on your phone as well?

Feel free to also share the troubleshooting you've tried so far so we avoid repeating the steps.

Keep us posted on this.

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

How is this still a bug? It's been over a year since reported and the Daily Mixes still shuffle every time they're opened

What's the point of Daily Mix if it changes always when I open it ? That is Changing Mix. I would like to listen the songs that is chosen once a day.

Logout twice: Not help.

Across Devices: Only have one.

Video recording: Not possible.

Win10. Spotify – Windows
1.2.6.863.ge7902f05

for me daily mixes change around 0:00 or 1:00 once

other public playlists "by spotify" that have 50 songs keep changing:

have more than 1 "by spotify" mix things (50 songs). select one (playlist) and click play

now click between any other "by spotify" mix things (50 songs 😉 )

a few songs move around. if you click the previous playlist you see its moving, too

it happens once per (5 minutes? if i click between lists within 1-2 minutes, nothing changes. if you click slower, it changes)

I was beginning to think I was going crazy, but this happens every time I listen to a Daily Mix and it is EXTREMELY annoying.  

Same happening to me! Very annoying! 

This is very-very annoying!

The Daily Mix songs are jumping along the order when it is just open static but also at every interaction: scrolling, switching out and back to playlist, skipping song, etc.

Strangely the Daily Mix playlist gets "static" after playing several songs, manually selecting them.

For me this issue happens for about a moth on both - iOS 16.5.1 and Windows 10. Spotify app is always up to date.

Suggested posts