Announcements

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 24 likes

FAQ: Spotify for Windows 10 app

Hey folks, we've outlined some of the common questions you might have about the Windows 10 app now available. Please post in this board if you have any other questions. Q: Why can’t I see Spotify in the Windows 10 store? A: Spotify for Windows store ...

• Spotify
  • Spotify
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 33 likes

Superuser Contribution Settings reset on desktop app

PlanPremiumCountryGreeceOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Every time I shut down or restart my laptop, Spotify resets all its settings.First, it logs out even though I have the 'remember me' option selected. However, the main issue is t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Greece Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   Every time I shut down or restart my laptop, Spotify resets all its settings. First, it logs out e...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution [Desktop] Artists list no longer loads in entirety with poor loading experience since update

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe Spotify app's previous update has introduced a significant time wasting feature that loads the Artists list in very small numbers while scrolling instead of loading...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue The Spotify app's previous update has introduced a significant time wasting feature that loa...
  • Alex
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution where's the new music for me notifications now?

Everything in this horrendous new update is a total and absolute trash, but the most crazy thing is that I've been looking for the new music for me notifications and I can't find it anywhere. I have a paid account and I'm only spammed with trash ever...

• Roadie
  • Everything in this horrendous new update is a total and absolute trash, but the most crazy thing is that I've been looking for the new music for me notifications and I can't find it anywhere. I have ...
  • CarlosE
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Music
    new
    Notifications
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution No we won't use your feedback thread

It seems the mods here are panicking a bit, they're locking threads about the horrible new UI left and right and serving us their usual ridiculous copy/paste BS about how they "care about customers feedback" (mega-LOL). So, no, we won't use your usel...

• Roadie
  • It seems the mods here are panicking a bit, they're locking threads about the horrible new UI left and right and serving us their usual ridiculous copy/paste BS about how they "care about customers f...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Songs cut out after 6 seconds

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceSurface Pro 6Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThe desktop application has decided to stop playing songs ("Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it.") unl...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device Surface Pro 6 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue The desktop application has decided to stop playing songs ("Spotify can't play th...
  • Alex
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution My Recent Search Gone

PlanPremiumCountryIndonesiaDevice(Samsung Galaxy A51, Windows Desktop)Operating System(Android 11, Windows 10) My Question or IssueAfter the last update and the change of the UI I lost all my recent search song and it happend in both of my phone and ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Indonesia Device (Samsung Galaxy A51, Windows Desktop) Operating System (Android 11, Windows 10)   My Question or Issue After the last update and the change of the...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Volume, Loop and Shuffle Resetting

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceDell G315Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhenever Spotify is opened after turning on the PC, my volume is reset to maximum and my loop and shuffle are both reset to off. Just logging out and back in saves thes...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Dell G315 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Whenever Spotify is opened after turning on the PC, my volume is reset to maximum and my loo...
  • Alex
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlist Folders

PlanFree/PremiumCountry Device(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Operating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) My Question or IssueThe latest UI update has totally messed up my playlist cataloguing system. I had a series of ...

• Community Legend
  • Plan Free/Premium Country   Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)   My Question or Issue The lat...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • folders
    Playlists
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution See all songs on the artist page

Device(Desktop)Operating System(Windows 10, Ubuntu Linux) My Question or IssueHello, dear community. I have seen the issues regarding the new design, however I couldn't find the thing I'm concerned about. This is the songs of the particular artist. I...

• Regular
  • Device (Desktop) Operating System (Windows 10, Ubuntu Linux)   My Question or Issue Hello, dear community. I have seen the issues regarding the new design, however I couldn't find the thin...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 11 replies
  • 6 likes
  • Desktop
  • 11 replies
  • 6 likes

Superuser Contribution Blend playlist name is missing in "Friends activity" feed

Plan Premium Country Russia Device HUAWEI MateBook D 15 Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Not a big deal, but I wanna inform that since we are able to create "Blend" playlists, the album or playlist name will be missing in "Friends act...

• Plan Premium Country Russia Device HUAWEI MateBook D 15 Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Not a big deal, but I wanna inform that since we are able to create...
  • Novy
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Connect Can't Play Playlists Over 5000 Songs

Spotify Connect will not play a playlist with over 5000 songs on another device, regardless of the device. Super annoying, still happening in the latest Windows app!

• Visitor
  • Spotify Connect will not play a playlist with over 5000 songs on another device, regardless of the device. Super annoying, still happening in the latest Windows app!
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Shuffle seems very predictable

PlanPremiumCountryThe NetherlandsMy Question or IssueIt seems as if shuffle always creates a similar playlist, regardless of whether I turn it on after starting the playlist or not. For example, I listen to the Spotify playlist "Werkdag FM" often and...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country The Netherlands My Question or Issue It seems as if shuffle always creates a similar playlist, regardless of whether I turn it on after starting the playlist or not. For exa...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Spotify Windows 10 desktop app recently starting crashing.

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceHomebuilt Desktop ComputerOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueThis whole week (today is 5/14 and I first noticed the issue on 5/10) Spotify will start playing a song and then just go away. (it crashes) nothing el...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Homebuilt Desktop Computer Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue This whole week (today is 5/14 and I first noticed the issue on 5/10) Spot...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 23 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Crash
  • 23 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Lost feature: URI link with timestamp

PlanPremium Operating SystemWindows 10, Spotify desktop app version 1.1.59.714.g7e040462-a My Question or IssuePrior to this most recent version update, I used to be able to copy a song's URI link and add a # timestamp (e.g., spotify:track:7iqS4pS1eV...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium   Operating System Windows 10, Spotify desktop app version 1.1.59.714.g7e040462-a   My Question or Issue Prior to this most recent version update, I used to be able to c...
  • CarlosE
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 5 likes

Superuser Contribution syncing local files

Hey everyone, So I've seen this problem before, and I've tried the solutions and it hasn't worked. I add my local files to a playlist and then download it. Then I go on my phone (iOS) and download the playlist, yet the songs do not show up. I tried t...

• Regular
  • Hey everyone,   So I've seen this problem before, and I've tried the solutions and it hasn't worked.   I add my local files to a playlist and then download it. Then I go on my phone (iO...
  • Eni
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Scroll wheel no longer adjusts volume

>Windows 10Used to be able to hover over the volume bar and scroll to adjust volume. new update has taken this away

• Gig Goer
  • >Windows 10 Used to be able to hover over the volume bar and scroll to adjust volume. new update has taken this away
  • CarlosE
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution How to view all followed artists (only 400 displayed) ?

PlanPremiumCountryNODeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen I click on "My library" and click on "Artists", the list of artists displayed seemed to be limited to a random selection of 400 1000artists, but I follow around 2600-...

• Roadie
  • Plan Premium Country NO Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When I click on "My library" and click on "Artists", the list of artists displayed seemed to be...
  • Mihail
  • Spotify Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can't find URI after Spotify desktop update

PlanPremiumOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueAfter the Spotify Desktop update I can't find the playlist URI option? It isn't under the "share" option like it used to be.

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue After the Spotify Desktop update I can't find the playlist URI option? It isn't under the "share" option like it used to be....
  • NiteCyper
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes