Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

music won't play on laptop

Solved!

music won't play on laptop

music won't play now on my laptop.  It use to but today it won't.  

What's the deal.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @cjthomas23.

Thanks for reaching out on the Community! We'll be glad to help you out 🙂

I know this sounds obvious, but would you mind performing a clean reinstall by following the steps outlined here and then restarting your laptopThis can solve many common problems that our users experience.

Could you also provide us with your Spotify app version? You can find this in the three-dots menu (top-left corner) > Help > About Spotify.

Let us know how it goes! We'll be right here if you need us 🙂

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @cjthomas23.

Thanks for reaching out on the Community! We'll be glad to help you out 🙂

I know this sounds obvious, but would you mind performing a clean reinstall by following the steps outlined here and then restarting your laptopThis can solve many common problems that our users experience.

Could you also provide us with your Spotify app version? You can find this in the three-dots menu (top-left corner) > Help > About Spotify.

Let us know how it goes! We'll be right here if you need us 🙂

Hellow sir i have the same problem i uninstall and reinstall the app several times but is dosen't work 

i also try playing song on browers but it keel showing something went wrong . please help 🙏

Hi @Swaraj1,

Thanks for reaching out to the Community!

If this is happening from a computer, we suggest editing your Hosts files with these steps. If that doesn't help, check if the same thing happens when using a different internet connection. 

Lastly, send over the make/model and OS of your device along with the Spotify version you are currently running. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply!

Susan_GPModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts