Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

how do i hide recently played artists on my profile?

Solved!

how do i hide recently played artists on my profile?

Plan

Free

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

i just want to hide recently played artists on my profile, that i don't listen to anymore. is that possible?

• C

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hello @McSqueezy,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Can you check in your app Settings if you have 'Show my recently played artists' toggled off?

image.png

This will remove all artists from your profile. If you don't want specific artists to appear, you can try switching to a Private Session while listening to their music.

Let us know how you get on. We'll be here if you have any further questions.

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

6 Replies

Hey there @McSqueezy!

Thanks for the question!

On desktop you can go to Recently played in the left sidebar and right-click the items you'd like to remove. 

Keep in mind that it might take some time before they disappear from your Home page.

We also have an active idea about being able to edit the Recently played list, so feel free to leave a +Vote to support it.

Hope this info helps. We'll be here if there's anything else we can do for you.

ElenaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

hello.
unfortunately, recently played artists still apear on my profile, even after deleting them from "recently played" tab on the right
Marked as solution

Hello @McSqueezy,

Thanks for keeping us in the loop.

Can you check in your app Settings if you have 'Show my recently played artists' toggled off?

image.png

This will remove all artists from your profile. If you don't want specific artists to appear, you can try switching to a Private Session while listening to their music.

Let us know how you get on. We'll be here if you have any further questions.

XeniaModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

thank you so much! that's what i meant!

mine doesnt have social

Hey @cheijujweasdc,

Thank you for your reply in this thread. 

Could you please let us know which platform you're using?  

It's worth mentioning that if you're using the Spotify Web player the setting "Social/ Social & Privacy" is not present. 

On another note, seems like the Community folks have already gathered on a similar feature request and have created an Idea about this. If you'd like to see that option available, we'd suggest that you check this idea here. Make sure you leave your vote to support it, so that it would have a better chance of being considered, as Spotify always strives to improve your experience.

You'll also find all the relevant info about our Idea Exchange and how the Community feedback gets implemented here if you'd like to know more about the topic.

If you have troubles finding "Social/ Social & Privacy" on mobile or the desktop app, could you let us know your Spotify version and send us a screenshot of how this looks in your app?

Hope this helps. If you need anything else, the Community is here for you 🙂

LyubkaModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts