Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify Windows 10 song will stop but the seekbar continues

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10VersionSpotify for Windows1.1.91.824.g07f1e963 My Question or IssueSometimes, randomly, the song I'm listening to will stop playing, but the seekbar continues playing. The only way I can fi...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Australia Device PC Operating System Windows 10 Version Spotify for Windows 1.1.91.824.g07f1e963   My Question or Issue Sometimes, randomly, the song I'm listen...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Incorrect date added on songs in playlist/playlist readding songs

So I spent hours trying to find a solution for this issue to no avail. I came across 2 other posts that mention a similar issue, but still can't find a way to fix it.https://community.spotify.com/t5/Desktop-Windows/Wrong-quot-Date-Added-quot-on-songs...

• Visitor
  • So I spent hours trying to find a solution for this issue to no avail. I came across 2 other posts that mention a similar issue, but still can't find a way to fix it. https://community.spotify.com/t...
  • Adep
  • Casual Listener
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify + Discord = No Bueno

So, Spotify usually runs no problems. However, as soon as I join a call on Discord, the sound mutes itself. It shows the song is playing, but it doesn't broadcast the sound. I've fully uninstalled and reinstalled both apps, I've checked my volume mix...

• So, Spotify usually runs no problems. However, as soon as I join a call on Discord, the sound mutes itself. It shows the song is playing, but it doesn't broadcast the sound. I've fully uninstalled an...
  • phfez
  • Visitor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Mute music by pressing a button

I suggest adding an option to the PC version in the settings-mute music when you click the button and turn it on when you click it again. It often happens that when you play, communicate with friends or do something else, you listen to music, but som...

• Visitor
  • I suggest adding an option to the PC version in the settings-mute music when you click the button and turn it on when you click it again. It often happens that when you play, communicate with friends...
  • Anutrix
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify plays other songs when i didnt tell it to

PlanPremiumCountryMalaysiaDeviceChrome Version 95.0.4638.**bleep** (Official Build) (64-bit)Operating SystemWindows 10 Thinkpad P51 My Question or IssueWhen i play an album and i dont set it to repeat i only want to listen to it once. BUT lately,i) S...

• Plan Premium Country Malaysia Device Chrome Version 95.0.4638.**bleep** (Official Build) (64-bit) Operating System Windows 10 Thinkpad P51    My Question or Issue When i...
  • Yordan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution fonts after 1.1.91.824.g07f1e963 update

PlanFreeCountryTurkeyDeviceAn 2012 before asus something laptopOperating Systemwindows 10 My Question or IssueI just updated to 1.1.91.824.g07f1e963 update and fonts look so odd i mean theyre nice but they have so much space between song name-artist ...

• Roadie
  • Plan Free Country Turkey Device An 2012 before asus something laptop Operating System windows 10   My Question or Issue I just updated to 1.1.91.824.g07f1e963 update and fonts loo...
  • unclerk
  • Roadie
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Country flag emoji's don't display on Windows 10

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceLaptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueNone of the country flag emoji's display taken from https://emojipedia.org/flags/ Note that the regular flags (white flag, black flag, pirate flag etc.) do work, ...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device Laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue None of the country flag emoji's display taken from https://emojipedia.org/flags/ &nb...
  • corumeach
  • Regular
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • emoji
    Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Searching in the Web player

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDevicePCOperating SystemWindows10 My Question or IssueIn the Web player I can't search any song. Idk if my computer just doesn't like Spotify, because this is another thing that doesn't work, or what. I used to use the app but...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Poland Device PC Operating System Windows10   My Question or Issue In the Web player I can't search any song. Idk if my computer just doesn't like Spotify, because...
  • Zorzs
  • Visitor
  • 9 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 9 replies
  • 7 likes

Collaborative playlists are instantly private and Spotify took away messaging how can I collaborate?

Yo, so I just tried to start a collaborative playlist with one of my dear friends. After a while I figured out that somehow collab playlists are made intantly private which is good and fixes the trolls editing these playlists. However, since the mess...

• Casual Listener
  • Yo, so I just tried to start a collaborative playlist with one of my dear friends. After a while I figured out that somehow collab playlists are made intantly private which is good and fixes the trol...
  • abaddon1
  • 2 replies
  • 10 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 10 likes

Verbindung zur Stereoanlage geht nicht mehr

PlanPremiumCountryDeutschlandDevice(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016)Pioneer Anlage / PCOperating System(iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.)WIN 10 My Question or IssueIch kann plötzlich über LAN keine Verbindung mehr vom PC zur An...

• Plan Premium Country Deutschland Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) Pioneer Anlage / PC Operating System (iOS 10, Android Oreo, Windows 10,etc.) WIN 10   ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Stereoanlage
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Poor Sound Quality on Windows PC

Plan Premium Country New Zealand Device (HP Laptop) Operating System (Windows 10) IssueWhen listening to music on my laptop, the sound quality is terrible on the Spotify app when listeing through headphones. It sounds perfectly fine with the same hea...

• Plan Premium Country New Zealand Device (HP Laptop) Operating System (Windows 10)   Issue When listening to music on my laptop, the sound quality is terribl...
  • wardw123
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Error message pops up when clicking on an artist's album or scrolling through their Discography

PlanFreeCountryUSADevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSo, this is a new issue for me and probably for other people. Even though I can search stuff and play/like songs, when I go to an artist's page and click on one of their albums,...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country USA Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue So, this is a new issue for me and probably for other people. Even though I can search stuff ...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

[FIXED] can't enable/disable anything under Settings > Display

PlanPremium CountryAustria DeviceLenovo Laptop Operating SystemWindows 11 Hello, I have a problem with enabling/disabling anything under Settings > Display (friend activity, desktop overlay when using media keys and show announcements about new relea...

• Plan Premium   Country Austria   Device Lenovo Laptop   Operating System Windows 11   Hello, I have a problem with enabling/disabling anything under Settings > Disp...
  • Amayy
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Please add 32bit/384kHz device support! Creative Soundblaster AE-9

PlanFamily Premium CountrySweden DevicePC Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueGuys please, please please please add 32bit/384kHz device support. To be 100% clear, I am not asking for higher music bitrate quality. I am asking for you to sup...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Family Premium   Country Sweden   Device PC   Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Guys please, please please please add 32bit/384kHz device suppor...
  • spider623
  • Casual Listener
  • 5 replies
  • 15 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 15 likes

Superuser Contribution Why does Spotify block Cloudflare WARP?

Operating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Whenever I have enabled Cloudflare WARP, Spotify stops working and all songs are greyed out. This started recently, maybe 2 weeks ago.When I click to play song, it shows "This content is not available".

Screenshot_2022-08-08_02-51-24_Broken Bells - Good Luck.png
  • Casual Listener
  • Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   Whenever I have enabled Cloudflare WARP, Spotify stops working and all songs are greyed out. This started recently, maybe 2 weeks a...
  • Alex
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Lyric encode

PlanPremiumCountryVietnamDeviceSportify for WindowsOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue:Dear support team,Can you help fix the lyric function work with Unicode characters? The lyrics display well on mobile but seem not to support our langu...

• Plan Premium Country Vietnam Device Sportify for Windows Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue: Dear support team, Can you help fix the lyric function work with Unicode c...
  • Kiril
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • lyric
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [PC] [WINDOWS] Every song shows "Spotify can't play this right now"

For about 10 days, I am unable to play any song or podcast on my PC, I get an error messege with "Spotify can't play this right now". I tried the downloadable app and Microsoft Store one, disabled acceleration, reinstalled, checked AppData folder and...

• Casual Listener
  • For about 10 days, I am unable to play any song or podcast on my PC, I get an error messege with "Spotify can't play this right now". I tried the downloadable app and Microsoft Store one, disabled ac...
  • Dian
  • Spotify Legend
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Why doesn't the video player work?

Video playback doesn't work - it's a blank screen, and clicking on "show video" does nothing - when playing podcasts, although audio works. This is for all devices I've encountered: iOS app, web player, desktop app. To get video to display then a sec...

• Visitor
  • Video playback doesn't work - it's a blank screen, and clicking on "show video" does nothing - when playing podcasts, although audio works.  This is for all devices I've encountered: iOS app, we...
  • AlejaR
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! This content is not Available

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue3-4 Days ago my Spotify started to show the message "This content is not Available" every time i try to play ANY music from ANY playlist and ANY artist, it's not a region lock or ...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Brazil Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue 3-4 Days ago my Spotify started to show the message "This content is not Available" every time i try to pla...
  • waspyways
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution The Spotify application is not responding

PlanPremiumCountrySpainDevicePersonal ComputerOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or Issue Hi! I've been getting this message after I close Spotify (it usually bugs and I can't search for any music nor see my music inside Liked Songs or playlists)...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Spain Device Personal Computer Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue   Hi! I've been getting this message after I close Spotify (it usually bugs...
  • Vasil
  • 53 replies
  • 15 likes
  • bug
  • 53 replies
  • 15 likes