Premium

Country

USA

Device

Windows PC

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro

My Question or Issue

Spotify will play JRE and Club Random with Bill Maher and nothing else. I've tried other podcasts. I've tried music. They don't work. I get the attached error message when I try to play anything that's not these two podcasts. I have cleared my cache and reinstalled to no avail. Spotify works just fine on my phone. IDK what is going on. It just started today. 

I checked the web player, and it works fine.

Capture.PNG
7 Replies

Hey @UGHwhateverOMG,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you try switching network connections with e.g. a hot spot from your phone?

Does this happen if you switch accounts as well?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I have tried it using a hotspot and with a different account to no avail. I've tried resolving it first with support and then the escalated support. After those were unsuccessful, I was told the issue would be passed onto the devs, but they couldn't guarantee if or when it would be addressed. 

It seems like I will just have to use the web player for now. IDK if I will ever be able to use the desktop again.

Hey @UGHwhateverOMG,

Thanks for the cooperation and the reply.

We hope to get this sorted out soon as well.

Cheers!

DianModerator

Out of the blue, I decided to try the desktop app once more. I already had the web player open. To my delight, the desktop worked, and I thought all was well. So I closed out the web player and then the desktop app stopped working. I got it to work again by closing it out, reopening the web player and the launching the desktop app.

So I can get the desktop app to work by first opening the web player. As soon as I close the web player, the desktop ceases to work. 

Hey @UGHwhateverOMG,

Thanks for the additional info!

As a next step, please check your Windows hosts file using this guide.

Let us know if this helps.

MihailYModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Just on a whim, I decided to try the desktop app again, and it works. IDK what changed. But it works just fine for me now. I can listen to whatever I want w/o issue.

Hi @UGHwhateverOMG,

Thanks for your reply and for keeping us updated. We're glad to know everything is working fine now. If you have any questions or need anything else, the Community is here for you.

Cheers!

Susan_GPModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts