Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

Desktop: Can't Decrease Window Size

Desktop: Can't Decrease Window Size

Plan

Premium

Country

United States

Device

HP Spectre x360

Operating System

Windows 11

My Question or Issue

I'm using the Spotify Desktop application on my HP Spectre laptop, and I'm not able to resize the window to be smaller than a certain size.

I tend to split my screen into fourths so I can have multiple windows open at once for tasks like note-taking and studying. I can't do this with the desktop application because it won't size smaller tan 2000x1500px. Since my display is 3840x2160, it takes up more than half the screen in both dimensions.

I've tried changing the compatibility settings and it doesn't do anything. Even changing my display resolution to 1920x1080px doesn't do anything, except the minimum window size becomes 1000x750px. 

The desktop application is the only way I can get the seek backward/seek forward hotkeys to work, so I'd prefer it to using the web player, but it's so inconveniently oversized. Please help.

1 Reply

Hey @DodiCashMoney,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community and welcome. 

At the moment, it's not possible to resize the screen less than the size you've mentioned. As an option, you can keep using the Web Player at the size desired if you want to keep using the shortcuts/hotkeys. But keep in mind that it needs to be the active window in the browser for them to work properly.

If you think other users will like the addition of this resizing of the app, you can post it on our Ideas board, so it can be voted on and reach the relevant teams to be taken into account. We'd also recommend checking our guidelines to avoid early rejections.

If anything else comes up, the Community will be here for you.

OscarDCModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts