NEXT STEP

[Desktop] Home page: Recently played wrong displayed

[Desktop] Home page: Recently played wrong displayed

Plan

Premium

Country

Romania

Device

(PC - Spotify version 1.1.29.592.gf0779179)

Operating System

(Windows 10 - latest update March 24, 2020—KB4541335)

My Question or Issue

At the Home page of Spotify app, on the first line is displayed "Recently played" field. 

There is a single playlist displayed, named "This is WHY?", an album that I never listened. This cannot be removed and it is not updating even I reinstalled the Spotify app.

If I navigate to "YOUR LIBRARY" tab, the second field is "Recently played" and there I have totally different content. That's what I'm listening and what's there is updating as expected.

spotify.JPG
27 Replies

I figured it out - the "Recently Played" on your HOME only shows what you've played via the web-based Spotify player. The "Recently Played" under the YOUR LIBRARY list shows what you've played everywhere.

Yes and no...

yes this updates the web player recently play but no it does not update the desktop application.

I am still having the problem on Windows 10, this is ridiculous.

I tried this and the solution above but my Desktop app is still not updating.

Same problem here.

1.1.38.558.g4b100958 for Mac

The first item in the Recently Played list is something I listened to over a month ago.

I tried the AppleTV app and the Web Player. They both had the same list as the Desktop app, but they are now updating when I play new songs.

The iPhone app has the correct list of all the songs I've played recently

Hey all,

We just wanted to let you know that we've reported this and our teams are currently looking into it. We can't give a time frame for a fix yet.

In the meantime, keep your app updated with the latest Spotify version. 

Stay tuned for more info!

PetyaModerator

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

Hi! Any updates? I still have this error on my mac app(1.1.43.700.g20acee0f)

This is sufficiently broken for me on macOS and Fire TV.

It works fine in the web player but pushing things out from the web player as was suggested does not help. Uninstalling, logging out, etc does not help.

I know it can be tough to nail down the cause of a bug but the following would be sufficient workarounds:

• The ability to reorder homepage lists
  • The ability to remove homepage lists
  • The ability to hide Recently Played altogether
  • The ability to change what cover art shows for you (not the actual playlist's cover art) for playlists that you don't own
  • The ability to show "Last Visited" (e.g. a playlist, Your Library, search, etc) as opposed to Home when the app opens

how has it been over a year and there is no fix? this is so infuriating

Suggested posts