Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Disappearing Local Files in playlist

Solved!

Disappearing Local Files in playlist

I currently have my own personal MP3 songs downloaded on both my desktop and my phone so essentially they're both synced as they are not grayed out in the Local Files on both devices as shown here. spotify3.png
However, when I add any of these songs to my playlists, they seem to disappear from the POV of my desktop for some odd reason, but I know that they are still in the playlist because they still show up on my phone. (The first image below is from my phone's POV and the second image is from my desktop's POV.) So now I'm just wondering how I'm able to make those Local Files songs visible on my playlists. I've tried everything from deleting index.dat to reinstalling the Spotify app but nothing seems to be working.  spotify2.jpg

ef7d0ef4-67d3-43d9-8d50-289803d42807.png

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

(iPhone 14)

Operating System

(iOS 17.1.2,Windows 10)

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi @kyedo!

Check if you have Smart Shuffle enabled for your playlist on the desktop app and deactivate it: as long as the feature is toggled on, any local files you have in the playlist will be hidden.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi @kyedo!

Check if you have Smart Shuffle enabled for your playlist on the desktop app and deactivate it: as long as the feature is toggled on, any local files you have in the playlist will be hidden.

Cheers!

YordanModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

oh my god, thank you so much for the help! You don't know how long this has kept me up for😂

Suggested posts