Equalizer in Spotify for PC?

Solved!
20 people liked this

Equalizer in Spotify for PC?

svanesb
Casual Listener

Hi,

In my Spotify on my Samsung mobile-phone there is an equalizer. 

Is there the same option for the Spotify on PC (using WIN 8.1)?

I can't find any?

I'm using the version 0.9.15.27 g87efe634.

Kind ragards 

svanesB

5 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Solution! 26 people liked this

Re: Equalizer in Spotify for PC?

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Sorry, but the desktop app doesn't have an equalizer. 

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
Solution! 29 people liked this

adisib
Community Legend

The idea of having a desktop equalizer is here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Add-Equalizer-in-Spotify/idi-p/4249

It is currently marked as "Watch This Space", so there may be future updates on this. You can add a kudo and a comment to help support the idea.

Also, if you cannot wait for this feature, there is an unnoficial addon called Equalify. It adds a 10 band equalizer to spotify. You can find it here:

http://www.equalify.me/

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Highlighted
Solution! 97 people liked this

brandon-1313

you are using windows correct? if so go down to the speaker icon at the bottom on your taskbar. click on it then press mixer. fom there click on the icon for the speaker you are using then a new window should open that says speaker properties and should have 4 tabs(general,levels,enchancements and advanced) click the enchancements tab. put a checkmark on equalizer. go down where it says settings and you can pick from the default (pop, rock, bass boost, vocal, etc.)or tou can create your own setting with the (...) button. hope this helped.

spoty.PNG
spoty3.PNG
Solution! 14 people liked this

rgrecco
Casual Listener
Just use EqualizerAPO with PeaceGUI, much better than others.
Solution! 8 people liked this

happyhendersons
Regular

This is a million times better than using an EQ within Chrome. For those who aren't familiar with Equalizer APO, it is probably the only free way to easily apply EQ changes system-wide on Windows (I've looked a lot).

This is the link for Equalizer APO

This is the link for the Peace custom GUI

You could use the built-in Configuration Editor as well but it's much more clunky (and non-resizable - it's tiny!) After installing Equalizer APO, restart your computer. Then drag the Peace application into Program Files>EqualizerAPO>config. Then run Peace and you'll have your EQ.

47 Replies
Solution! 26 people liked this

Rock Star 24
Rock Star 24

Sorry, but the desktop app doesn't have an equalizer. 

MattSudaRock Star 24
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
15 people liked this

svanesb
Casual Listener

Thanks, but Why not?

I think it's a good solution to have the option to make my own sound.

There is a lot of speakers nowadays using Bluetooth, NFC, 3,5 mm jack.

When using the phone you can give it some more bass etc, but when you use lap-top you canno't.

Is it a soft-ware probleme in Windows or just lack of covenants with Mr. Gates`?

svanesB

Solution! 29 people liked this

adisib
Community Legend

The idea of having a desktop equalizer is here:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Spotify-Ideas/Add-Equalizer-in-Spotify/idi-p/4249

It is currently marked as "Watch This Space", so there may be future updates on this. You can add a kudo and a comment to help support the idea.

Also, if you cannot wait for this feature, there is an unnoficial addon called Equalify. It adds a 10 band equalizer to spotify. You can find it here:

http://www.equalify.me/

What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?
Highlighted
Solution! 97 people liked this

brandon-1313

you are using windows correct? if so go down to the speaker icon at the bottom on your taskbar. click on it then press mixer. fom there click on the icon for the speaker you are using then a new window should open that says speaker properties and should have 4 tabs(general,levels,enchancements and advanced) click the enchancements tab. put a checkmark on equalizer. go down where it says settings and you can pick from the default (pop, rock, bass boost, vocal, etc.)or tou can create your own setting with the (...) button. hope this helped.

spoty.PNG
spoty3.PNG
Solution! 14 people liked this

rgrecco
Casual Listener
Just use EqualizerAPO with PeaceGUI, much better than others.
6 people liked this

polyk

If you use play.spotify.com, you can use an EQ chrome extension like Ears https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/ears-bass-boost-eq-any-au/nfdfiepdkbnoanddpianalelglmfooik

1 person liked this

Pabloker

Best answer ever! 

Thanks so much.

1 person liked this

guitarlifer

When I open Sptify on PC -- Windows 10 -- there is an EQ button, where it always was, and worked, in Windows 8.1.

When I click the EQ button now, in Windows 10, the EQ button disappears. Spotify glitch, or Windows 10 glitch? 

Thanks.

Solution! 8 people liked this

happyhendersons
Regular

This is a million times better than using an EQ within Chrome. For those who aren't familiar with Equalizer APO, it is probably the only free way to easily apply EQ changes system-wide on Windows (I've looked a lot).

This is the link for Equalizer APO

This is the link for the Peace custom GUI

You could use the built-in Configuration Editor as well but it's much more clunky (and non-resizable - it's tiny!) After installing Equalizer APO, restart your computer. Then drag the Peace application into Program Files>EqualizerAPO>config. Then run Peace and you'll have your EQ.

SUGGESTED POSTS