Premium

Country

Canada

Device

OMEN 25L Desktop

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Whenever I try to log in to Spotify, I get this error, "A firewall may be blocking Spotify. Please update your firewall to allow Spotify. Additionally you could try changing the currently used proxy settings (Error code: accesspoint:34)" 

I've tried everything, allowed it through the firewall, redownloaded the app like 7 times and change the proxy settings, nothing has worked

10 Replies

Hi there @ShadowSauce25,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community.

We're sorry to hear about this issue you're having to access your account, we'll do our best to help you with it.

To start, we suggest you reinstall the app one more time with these specific steps, then download the app directly from the Microsoft Store.

If the issue persists, please head to this link where you'll find a list of troubleshooting steps that work for network/firewall related issues. 

Let us know how this goes!

MafeGModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Same exact issue here after first time and subsequent installs, I can't login, though the second error is accesspoint:34.
I'm using a Surface Laptop Studio with Windows 11.

Hi @nek0d3r,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. 

Please refer to my previous post to get some troubleshooting steps for this specific issue. However, as a heads up, keep in mind that Windows 11 is still a new operating system and our app hasn't been optimized for it yet, which means that some issues may arise.

Please let us know how your app keeps working after following these steps.

We'll be on the lookout.

MafeGModerator

Could you please give us some details on what's behind that "accesspoint:34" error code ? What is the software trying to do ? Access which server, how (specific ports ?) ?

Hey @zephred,

the error just states the app is unable to reach our servers via the current network access point.

We use a decentralized server network with dynamic IPs, so it's not possible to provide a server IP or port. A prerequisite for Spotify to function properly is an unobstructed network connection. Troubleshooting this remotely is very difficult, but common tips we can give to achieve this is to ensure you're not using proxies or VPNs, that your firewall and network are properly configured and that your router supports and has UPnP enabled and lastly, ensure that your ISP isn't filtering any traffic.

You'll need to look into the documentation or reach out to the support teams of the relevant network components you are using if the issue persists.

VasilModerator

Thanks for your answer. But not knowing what port it's trying to use does not help the troubleshooting. We do not necessarily have control on the firewall behind which we are... I cannot ask the network manager to simply "properly configure the firewall", I need some specific information on how the app is trying to use the network.
Why can't the flux go through vpn or proxies ? Why can't the app properly work with simple http connexions, like the web app does ? It's just a music app, why so many network requirements ?!

The network requirements are in place to ensure accurate stream counts, prevent manipulations, accurately detect active sessions, prevent and detect unauthorized account access and suspicious activity as well as to ensure a buffer free and stable connection among other reasons both technical and practical.

We understand the challenges this might bring on network administrators, but a UPnP enabled network environment, a direct connection and unfiltered traffic for the Spotify app remains a prerequisite to use the app. The WebPlayer is specifically designed to offer an alternative to the app for environments or devices that don't support it and because it's launched through the browser and via the dedicated website, it uses the HTTP 80 port for the client-facing connection. It is thus the fallback option of choice in case the network requirements can't be met.

VasilModerator

My app used to work perfectly well, I have been logged in my account for over 6 months and, until now, I never had a single problem. However, today I tried to log my account in a different device so I could connect it with Alexa and strange things started to happen...

First, an email verification was required. I was trying to log in via a smartphone but, since there were no specific instructions and my email was not logged in such smartphone, I verified the email link through my computer. However, what was supposed to be only a verification to allow the login in the other device, redirected me to a page in which I was required to change my password (against my will).  After that, I tried to log in again and the same thing happened, but this time the page in which I was required to change my password froze.

After this mess I decided to check if my spotify was still logged in my account in my other devices, because I imagined a new log in would be required. Everything was ok in my phone, but in my computer I was not able to reproduce any music, all titles were in a dark grey, as if they were unavailable. I thought the problem would be solved if I logged out and logged in again with the new password, which I have tried to do, but suddenly the "Error code: accesspoint:34" started to occur. I have tried to delete and reinstall the app but it did not work.

Considering I have been using this app logged in my account for OVER SIX MONTHS, I find it VERY HARD TO BELIEVE THIS IS A PROBLEM WITH MY COMPUTER OR MY NETWORK, it makes no sense. I have seen the answers to previous comments and they provide no help at all, this is clearly a problem with the platform itself, otherwise I would have never been able to log in.

I did not change my Wi-fi or network, made no alteration in the configurations of my computer, and installed no firewall. The ONLY thing I did was to click on a link PROVIDED BY SPOTIFY ITSELF and to change my password AS I HAVE BEEN OBLIGATED TO.

In light of all the detailed in above, I kindly ask for real and useful help to solve this issue.

Hey @luiza,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you share your device setup information? We'd like to know the brand/model and operating system of the mobile device together with the operating system of the computer you're using? The Spotify versions installed on your devices would also help us further.

In the meantime it'd be nice to check this thread for possible troubleshooting steps and let us know how their implementation went. The error code may be different, but the troubleshooting needed at the start is the same, as this is a possible network related issue.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

ElenaModerator

Hi. 

I run a strict network policy on my own network with a custom firewall, custom rules with transparent certificate substitution and DPI on my network.

I would like to know the list of fqdn and third levels used by spotify that I need to whitelist and discipline with my firewall rules in order to have the spotify app correctly login (oauth process) and work.

Suggested posts