Premium Student

Country

Norway

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

Recently, whenever I have Spotify open and play music from it, whenever I press the escape key, Spotify switches to the next song in my playlist. As far as I'm aware, there are no global hotkeys for Spotify, but there's also no way of changing what keys make Spotify react. It' getting pretty annoying, and I saw someone else posting in the community here with the same problem, but they never received an answer. Is there any help at all to fix this bug? I use my escape button all the time in games, and it's messing up my listening experience. 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

After allot of different attemps i did find my cause.

The Program that my Keyboard uses was apparently the cause, i uninstalled to see if it still happend and it didn't anymore. 

So for me its fixed (for now) never changed any setting keybind to make it act that way.

So for other people if you have software for your keyboard check it first.

uninstall and see if it still does the same.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Hey @Shiruce

It might seem a bit trivial, but have you tried a clean reinstall? I've seen it fixing strange problems like this for other people in the past.

MauriceMVRock Star 7
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi!
Thank you for your suggestion. That was the first thing I tried, and sadly with no luck. I've also reinstalled any keyboard drivers that could be messing up key binds, and made sure to clean out any presets that were there, without really getting any further there either.

I just got the exact same problem pop up today. Was using spotify like normal while i play games.
Out of nowhere it started to skip songs whenever i press the esc key.
Didn't do anything weird i didn't do the first day used spotify.
Marked as solution

After allot of different attemps i did find my cause.

The Program that my Keyboard uses was apparently the cause, i uninstalled to see if it still happend and it didn't anymore. 

So for me its fixed (for now) never changed any setting keybind to make it act that way.

So for other people if you have software for your keyboard check it first.

uninstall and see if it still does the same.

Suggested posts