Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Every attempt to open Spotify web URL from browser to app causes screen to blink or turn off

Every attempt to open Spotify web URL from browser to app causes screen to blink or turn off

Plan

Premium

Country

US

Device

Lenovo T480

Operating System

Windows 10 Pro (2004). OS build: 19041.58

My Question or Issue

Clicking on the Spotify icon on an embedded Spotify album found on web page to transfer to the desktop app always causes my screen to blink or causes my monitor to turn off. 
It always happens with the first attempt to do this. Afterward, the problem does not recur until I shutdown or restart the PC.

I just had to click on another embedded album on a web page to open in the app and it did it again despite not restarting my PC. So, it seems to happen any time I try to transfer playback to the desktop app from an embedded title on a web page.

The Spotify app was installed from the Microsoft Store. It's updated to the latest version available through that store.

1 Reply

Hi there @joetron2030,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

We'd recommend running a clean reinstallation of the app, which involves clearing the app cache. Check out this guide on how to do that. After you've deleted all the files related to the app, try downloading the version from our website.

Also let us know if this happens if you start the web player in an incognito window or a different browser.

Keep us posted.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts