Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Friends Activity is a song behind

Friends Activity is a song behind

Hi,

I have seen this posted before but the response was incorrect, in Freinds Activity, the song shown is always the previous song the person listed to.

E.g. say I was listening to 'Song 1', 'Song 2' then 'Song 3', it would show Song 1 when I'm listening to Song 2, and when I'm listening to Song 3, it would show Song 2.

A previous response that was made is that "there are millions of people listening so it just takes a while to update", this is incorrect as as soon as you change to the next song, the activity gets instantly updated with the previous one.

Not a major issue but one that I thought should be raised.

1 Reply

Hello @Beaaanz

Welcome to the community 🙂

A song is shown in the friends feed when you have listened it entirely and not when you start listening to it.

So when you start song 2, it's the previous entire songs listened that will be shown.

* For more information : concerning artists royalties, a song starts to be considered only after 30 seconds of listening. So a song played less than 30s is considered not played.

What explains the delay of 1 song in friends feed showing a song when it's considered played.

I hope you get the infos you needed 🙂

SoundofusSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts