Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

Spotify app
1.1.79.763.gc2965cdf

My Question or Issue

Hello everybody!
So, here's the thing. On my PC I've got display-off schedule (not a sleep mode) engaged which is set to 15 minutes, and when spotify app is in fullscreen mode, the screen will be turned off after a time delay of 15 min.
My question is: is there any way to use spotify app in fullscreen mode without turning off the screen with display-off mode engaged in Win10?
Like, display-off schedule is set, but when spotify is in fullscreen mode it will override Win10 electrical power settings and screen will stay turned on (which is, basically, happens when you are watching a video on a youtube or any kind of player).

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @GTR_RiFF,

Thanks for the reply.

Apologies for the confusion. 

Here is a workaround. You can use the Web Played in Full-screen mode and your screen won't switch off while content is playing 🙂

When I was testing this out for my last reply I was actually using the Web Player (on Chrome), so I apologize once again for the misunderstanding.

When playing from the Desktop app Windows will still override the playing music and will switch off your screen or put the computer to sleep. This is something that Spotify users have given a lot of feedback about, however this isn't something that can be controlled from Spotify directly, because of the way the Desktop app is built. 

Can you try it out with the Web Player and let me know if that works for you?

Cheers.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Hey @GTR_RiFF,

Thanks for reaching out about this in the Community!

The full screen mode updates the screen when content is playing, so that would prevent windows from turning the screen off, because Windows recognizes this as an activity.

There is no setting within the Spotify app which would prevent this from happening.

Hope this info helps. Don't hesitate to reach out again if you have questions.

AlexModerator

Hey @Alex,

Thanks for reply!

I've checked it again but it not working in the way that you described.

Also, checked with 5 min time delay. Same thing.

When I was using fullscreen mode for the first time I thought that it should work in that way: the track is changing -> screen updates -> time delay counter resets.

But no ... display is off.

Marked as solution

Hey @GTR_RiFF,

Thanks for the reply.

Apologies for the confusion. 

Here is a workaround. You can use the Web Played in Full-screen mode and your screen won't switch off while content is playing 🙂

When I was testing this out for my last reply I was actually using the Web Player (on Chrome), so I apologize once again for the misunderstanding.

When playing from the Desktop app Windows will still override the playing music and will switch off your screen or put the computer to sleep. This is something that Spotify users have given a lot of feedback about, however this isn't something that can be controlled from Spotify directly, because of the way the Desktop app is built. 

Can you try it out with the Web Player and let me know if that works for you?

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Thanks for explanation!

Will wait for DEVs to bring it to desktop app.

Please add the ability to keep the screen on while in full screen on Windows. Using the web player is an inconvenient workaround.

Suggested posts