Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I can't play local files after giving them album art.

I can't play local files after giving them album art.

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

My PC is built from scratch

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

In my spare time, I like to make music. When I finish with a song, I export it as an mp3 file, spotify sees this, and it gets added to the local files section. However I recently noticed something. I forgot to give my songs (along with some other songs on my PC that weren't made by me) album art. Songs not having album art kinda bugs me, so I added some album art using the Windows Media Player method (pasting the album art). After I did this, I went back into spotify and played one of the songs. No audio. I check another song. No audio. It's the same case for each song that I gave album art to. After a few minutes, the songs became unplayable (to summerize, I was able to play them normally before I gave them album art, I was able to play them without audio after I gave them album art, and I wasn't able to play them at all a few minutes after I gave them album art). Opening the songs in other players works just fine, and it has the cover art I added. What do I do to get the songs working with the album art?

1 Reply

Hey @LJT_, welcome to the Community!

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with this. No worries though, we're definitely here to help out 🙂

Can you try removing the source of your local files and adding it back again to see if it helps?

Let us know how it goes.

Suggested posts