Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

I think my account was hacked!! Help ME

I think my account was hacked!! Help ME

Hi there, I thhink my account is being used by somebody else I don't know. Recently my spotify on phone and laptop has been acting up. It does things such as:

Skips the song randomly

Plays a different song (Toys by Mahmood Khan or something else that isn't at all related to what I'm listening to)

And on my laptop it keeps saying I'm playing the song on iphone julia, so I can't play music basically. Oh wait, I now realize all my playlists are gone replaced by one of what I am assuming is hers. And shes downloading stuff on my account. Great.

Please help.

3 Replies

We had a conversation through making playlists, and I had to tranlate into french to talk. She said there is a website where she just got my password, like a hacking site. Look into this she said it was a random account and mine happened to be the one. She said she left. I hope thats the end.

Hey @INEEDAMEDAK

I'm sorry to hear you're having this issue!

However, it is possible to get your account back! Just follow these steps:

1. Go to your Spotify account page, find and click on 'Sign Out Everywhere'.

2. Change your password.

Note: If you're using Facebook to log in, I recommend 2-step authentication. Also, it would be a good idea to change the password for your mailbox (where you receive Spotify letters)

3. on your Spotify account page, go to Apps and revoke access for any apps you don't use or recognise.

You can recover your playlists here.

Let me know if you still need help!

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

@INEEDAMEDAK

I think you should let the Spotify staff know about this website (tell them the website address). This doesn't sound good. 😕

Contact Spotify though Contact Form, or PM Spotify on Twitter (@SpotifyCares) or Facebook (SpotifyCares).

Note on Concatc Form: If you receive a no-reply message telling you to go to Support or here, reply back to it and you'll be contacted soon.

SebastySpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts