Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! "This song is not available." On PC app not mobile app.

Howdy, There are a few songs under the artist "Pretty Lights" which exhibit the following problem. The songs appear present in the artist library and can be played on my mobile device, although these songs cannot be played on my PC. I receive the fol...

• Casual Listener
  • Howdy,   There are a few songs under the artist "Pretty Lights" which exhibit the following problem.  The songs appear present in the artist library and can be played on my mobile de...
  • TGleditsch
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Desktop App does not connect at work. Possible Proxy issue?

I've been having issues connecting to the Desktop App for a few months now.. I'm not sure exactly the issue but when I try to login I get a message in a red box below the login saying,"Service is temporarily unavaiable, please try again later. (Error...

• Casual Listener
  • I've been having issues connecting to the Desktop App for a few months now.. I'm not sure exactly the issue but when I try to login I get a message in a red box below the login saying, "Service is...
  • iggyelena
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Facebook Error code 3

I was just logged into my spotify on my android device an hour ago. Got home went to open spofity desktop (windows 10) and I got a The Username or Password is incorrect (Error code: 3) Went back to my phone and was logged out of there as well and cou...

• Casual Listener
  • I was just logged into my spotify on my android device an hour ago. Got home went to open spofity desktop (windows 10) and I got a     The Username or Password is incorrect (Error code: 3...
  • eriswicked
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Repeating windows error sound on start up of spotify, no content loads.

Hi, Upon starting spotify the interface appears - i get the top menus (file, edit, view) but a black screen below it - no side bar or content, and a continuous repeating windows error sound.Task Manager shows two/three instances of spotify.exe and sp...

• Hi,   Upon starting spotify the interface appears - i get the top menus (file, edit, view) but a black screen below it - no side bar or content, and a continuous repeating windows error sound....
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Uninstall Spotify NOW

I cannot uninstall this through the normal means OR by openning command prompt as an admin. I've tried going through Programs to uninstall it and nothing happens at all. I would like to rid my poor PC of this. Not being able to uninstall any program ...

• Casual Listener
  • I cannot uninstall this through the normal means OR by openning command prompt as an admin.  I've tried going through Programs to uninstall it and nothing happens at all.  I would like to r...
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Browser vs. Desktop --- Desktop playing wrong track.

Hi there, The browser versions of these two songs are correct:https://open.spotify.com/track/75Gfro4pVDkteRrJrfVIushttps://open.spotify.com/track/7AiaYD0TxFJRrRBUdOOn6P But the desktop version is incorrect. It takes the tracks from a different album ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi there,    The browser versions of these two songs are correct: https://open.spotify.com/track/75Gfro4pVDkteRrJrfVIus https://open.spotify.com/track/7AiaYD0TxFJRrRBUdOOn6P   Bu...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Crackling when using Windowns 10 app through bluetooth speaker

When I am playing music through the app on a bluetooth speaker I get crackling/choppy playback. I dont have this issue when I plug in the same speaker through USB or a headphone jack, nor do I have it when I use the web player.

• When I am playing music through the app on a bluetooth speaker I get crackling/choppy playback.  I dont have this issue when I plug in the same speaker through USB or a headphone jack, nor do...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Where has the shuffle button gone?

Hi, as of (I believe) today, I can't find the shuffle button. I now have 'Favourite' and 'Remove' buttons where the 'Shuffle' and 'Loop' buttons used to be. I've looked through the menu, looked in the play queue tab, and tried right clicking on a pla...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, as of (I believe) today, I can't find the shuffle button. I now have 'Favourite' and 'Remove' buttons where the 'Shuffle' and 'Loop' buttons used to be. I've looked through the menu, looked in th...
  • colematthews408
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

Delayed Playback

When I listen to Spotify on my laptop, there has now been a few second delay before a new song starts It will start playing the song and then stop for a few seconds and then replay the same part again. On my phone there is no problem.

• Casual Listener
  • When I listen to Spotify on my laptop, there has now been a few second delay before a new song starts It will start playing the song and then stop for a few seconds and then replay the same part agai...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

[BUG] sound changes on it self

so at my work we have this weird bug I think is comming from spotify but basicly when the volume goes up in the song it goes down on windows here is what it looks like : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFn-OmDk-sk

• so at my work we have this weird bug I think is comming from spotify but basicly when the volume goes up in the song it goes down on windows   here is what it looks like : https://www.you...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Çalma listesi

çalma listemdeki şarkıların sıralamasını değiştirmek istiyorum en üstte ilk eklediğim şarkılar çıkıyor. Son eklediğim şarkılar çıkmasını istiyorum telefonumdan yaptım fakat bilgisayardan bulamadım?

• çalma listemdeki şarkıların sıralamasını değiştirmek istiyorum en üstte ilk eklediğim şarkılar çıkıyor. Son eklediğim şarkılar çıkmasını istiyorum telefonumdan yaptım fakat bilgisayardan bulamadım?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! [Windows 10] Lyrics Wont Show

Simple, the lyrics will not show when I press the button while using the Desktop App for Windows 10. it just shows a gray screen. I reonnected to the internet, restarted my computer, reinstalled spotify and tried everything in other trouble shooting ...

• Simple, the lyrics will not show when I press the button while using the Desktop App for Windows 10. it just shows a gray screen. I reonnected to the internet, restarted my computer, reinstalled spot...
  • narpin
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Find Friends - "None of your Facebook friends are on Spotify" YES MY FACEBOOK ACCOUNT IS LINKED

I created a new Facebook profile recently, and made a new Spotify account and subscription by signing up with my email, THEN conecting my Facebook account. I am able to use the app to share tracks to my timeline, so I know it is connected. However, I...

• Casual Listener
  • I created a new Facebook profile recently, and made a new Spotify account and subscription by signing up with my email, THEN conecting my Facebook account. I am able to use the app to share tracks to...
  • Lucas_Morandi
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Crashing when using bluetooth 4

I have a bluetooth 4 headset that I connect both to my laptop and to my cell phone simultaniously. If the phone rings and I answer using the headset, then spotify randomly crashes . It stops responding so badly that I have to kill it through the task...

• I have a bluetooth 4 headset that I connect both to my laptop and to my cell phone simultaniously.   If the phone rings and I answer using the headset, then spotify randomly crashes . It stops...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify no abre en Windows 10

AYUDA/HELPDescargué Spotify para computadora (Windows 10) del sitio oficial. Se instaló bien pero al momento de dar dobel click en el ícono, no se ejecuta el programa. Llevo meses con este problema y como acabo de contratar premium de verdad me urge ...

• Regular
  • AYUDA/HELP Descargué Spotify para computadora (Windows 10) del sitio oficial. Se instaló bien pero al momento de dar dobel click en el ícono, no se ejecuta el programa. Llevo meses con este problema...
  • dalids
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

[Bug] Media keys and playback info do not work after sleep

Current behaviour: When Spotify is started after the computer is freshly booted media keys (Play/Pause, Next Track, Previous Track) work regardless of Spotify having focus or not. The currently playing track info shows up next to the volume bar. Play...

• Current behaviour: When Spotify is started after the computer is freshly booted media keys (Play/Pause, Next Track, Previous Track) work regardless of Spotify having focus or not. The currently ...
  • elliot_benjamin
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Bug Report: Spotify has issues dealing with media keys and shortcuts

Hi guys, myself and a few friends of mine have all found an issue with controlling Spotify with media keys on keyboards etc. There are a couple of manifestations of this: - play/pause commands aren't always recognised (and possibly previous/forward t...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi guys,   myself and a few friends of mine have all found an issue with controlling Spotify with media keys on keyboards etc. There are a couple of manifestations of this: - play/pause ...
  • Nat_Franklin
  • 12 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 12 replies
  • 3 likes

Spotify is stuck on one song and will not let me change.

Hi, Logan here. My Spotify is stuck on "Are you ready for it..." by Taylor Swift. Its an alright song i think, but when i try to change song or hit next, it wont let me. I can hit next, i see the button being pressed down. But alas, nothing happens. ...

• Hi, Logan here.   My Spotify is stuck on "Are you ready for it..." by Taylor Swift. Its an alright song i think, but when i try to change song or hit next, it wont let me. I can hit next, i se...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Other customers devices showing up in my device list

Hello, This issue happens randomly, but more often than not. When playing back music with the Spotify application on a Windows platform, other customer devices, such as computers, cell phones, etc... randomly appear as options for me to push music to...

• Music Fan
  • Hello,   This issue happens randomly, but more often than not. When playing back music with the Spotify application on a Windows platform, other customer devices, such as computers, cell phone...
  • fedevegili
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Solved!! Spotify Premium, "no es posible reproducir la canción actual" en listas de reproducción

Hola! Tengo el servicio de Spotify Premium y hace una semana las listas de reproducción se quedan paradas con el mensaje "no es posible reproducir la canción actual". Como se puede solucionar? Gracias!

• Hola!  Tengo el servicio de Spotify Premium y hace una semana las listas de reproducción se quedan paradas con el mensaje "no es posible reproducir la canción actual".  Como se puede so...
  • anacarolinaz
  • 76 replies
  • 7 likes
  • 76 replies
  • 7 likes