Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • tunaman_jim
  • Gig Goer
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 249 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! Something went wrong

Just re-upped spotify. After it auto-updated on launch I'm trying to look up artists and such and i'm constantly getting "Something went wrong" Searching an Artist, click to see their 'page' and boom, something went wrong. It's impossible to search a...

• Casual Listener
  • Just re-upped spotify. After it auto-updated on launch I'm trying to look up artists and such and i'm constantly getting "Something went wrong"   Searching an Artist, click to see their 'page'...
  • LoneGun
  • 36 replies
  • 8 likes
  • Windows
  • 36 replies
  • 8 likes

Cambiar salida del dispotivo de audio

Quisiera cambiar el sistema por el que sale el audio (ya que la aplicacion parece no tener ese sistema implementado) ya que tengo auriculares y tv por donde puede salir sonido.

• Quisiera cambiar el sistema por el que sale el audio (ya que la aplicacion parece no tener ese sistema implementado) ya que tengo auriculares y tv por donde puede salir sonido.
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

Drag and drop for playlists and songs won't work

I know this has been an issue for awhile and that there's a ton of threads but I think it's important to show Spotify that this is a persistent issue that needs to be addressed, again apparently. I can't drag and drop playlists to reorder/organize th...

• I know this has been an issue for awhile and that there's a ton of threads but I think it's important to show Spotify that this is a persistent issue that needs to be addressed, again apparently. I c...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

White boxes around click spots

Not sure what is causing this but has started recently. Updated all my drivers.

• Not sure what is causing this but has started recently. Updated all my drivers.
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Windows 10

Hello Spotify in Windows 10, Need Fluent Desing  

• Casual Listener
  • Hello Spotify in Windows 10, Need Fluent Desing 😄 
  • kejt_
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Issues with Uninstalling Spotify in Windows 7

I installed Spotify on my Windows 7 Pro 64 bit desktop 4 months ago. Went to uninstall it and had issues doing so, like many other Windows users. As a software tester myself, ISO certified, I feel a duty to report a flaw in Spotify, in that the appli...

• Regular
  • I installed Spotify on my Windows 7 Pro 64 bit desktop 4 months ago.  Went to uninstall it and had issues doing so, like many other Windows users.   As a software tester myself, ISO certi...
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Top Artists and How to Sync with Bumble

Hi, i've seen the dating app, Bumble has allowed Spotify to load in your top artists. I have a free version of Spotify, and I'm using the desktop player. I'm wondering how I can view what my top artists are and where I can edit them? I've looked for ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, i've seen the dating app, Bumble has allowed Spotify to load in your top artists.  I have a free version of Spotify, and I'm using the desktop player.  I'm wondering how I can view what...
  • kevinfreels
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! I'm Premium, why am I getting ads?

I'm a Premium member and have been getting ads all morning. What's going on? New policies?

• Visitor
  • I'm a Premium member and have been getting ads all morning.  What's going on?  New policies?
  • markirving60
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes
  • Windows
  • 10 replies
  • 3 likes

Solved!! Auto starting even when disabled

Please help.Spotify is opening on startup. I have never had it set to auto start.I am using Windows 10.I have already gone to Edit > Preferences > [Show Advanced Settings] > Startup and Window Behavior > Open Spotify automatically after you log into ...

• Casual Listener
  • Please help. Spotify is opening on startup. I have never had it set to auto start. I am using Windows 10. I have already gone to Edit > Preferences > [Show Advanced Settings] > Startup an...
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 6 likes

Search results stuck on last search

I downloaded Spotify onto my Windows 7 PC, and I keep getting an error when using the search function. I am able to search once or twice just fine. Then, if I try to search again, no matter what I type in, it will show the search results from the pre...

• I downloaded Spotify onto my Windows 7 PC, and I keep getting an error when using the search function. I am able to search once or twice just fine. Then, if I try to search again, no matter what I ty...
  • millaneza
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

File > Import Playlist > Windows Media Player does nothing

I am running the latest Spotify desktop client on Windows 10, when I choose File > Import Playlist > Windows Media Player, absolutely nothing happens. I don't get an error or anything. I've already tried deleting all the .wmdb files under C:\Users\\A...

• Visitor
  • I am running the latest Spotify desktop client on Windows 10, when I choose File > Import Playlist > Windows Media Player, absolutely nothing happens.  I don't get an error or anything. &...
  • jroca4029
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Windows
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes

Typing to find song in playlist stops at an exact match

I have a large playlist, so I often type the title of the song when I want to find a specific song in the playlist. However, if am trying to find a song with a title beginning with the exact title of another song in the playlist, everything after the...

• I have a large playlist, so I often type the title of the song when I want to find a specific song in the playlist.  However, if am trying to find a song with a title beginning with the ex...
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files Not Showing Up In Library

Hi,I recently got premium and started adding my local files to tSpotify... The files appear in "local files", but the aritst and album names are all grey. They are all .mp3. I can play about half of them; the other half will say I need to locate the ...

• Visitor
  • Hi, I recently got premium and started adding my local files to tSpotify... The files appear in "local files", but the aritst and album names are all grey. They are all .mp3. I can play about half o...
  • chrisg8p
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • Windows
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Pauses song randomly

This has been going on for awhile. Whenever I am using Spotify it randomly pauses my song for a few seconds and then comes back. This seems to happen mainly when a new ad pops up on the bottom of the screen. I would LOVE a solution to this problem

• This has been going on for awhile. Whenever I am using Spotify it randomly pauses my song for a few seconds and then comes back. This seems to happen mainly when a new ad pops up on the bottom of the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Me aparece pantalla en Negro

Hola, Me aparece la pantalla en negro y no veo nada...Cuando pasa el ratón por la pantalla que está en negro parece se ve que la App esta abierta, pero simplemente no se ve en la pantalla... ALguna solucion? He probado a desinstalar y varias cosas ma...

• Casual Listener
  • Hola,    Me aparece la pantalla en negro y no veo nada... Cuando pasa el ratón por la pantalla que está en negro parece se ve que la App esta abierta, pero simplemente no se ve en la pan...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Songs not available on desktop version...but they are on the mobile app?

This week I noticed there were a lot more grayed out tracks than usual in the New Music Tuesday playlist. When I tried to play those tracks, I would get the message "This track is currently not available in the United States," etc. I would have assum...

• Regular
  • This week I noticed there were a lot more grayed out tracks than usual in the New Music Tuesday playlist. When I tried to play those tracks, I would get the message "This track is currently not avail...
  • Pfaeff
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline mode not working on PC after changing the storage location from (C): to (D):

Hello there,I changed the storage location for Spotify library in the settings of Spotify program. I changed it from my (C): drive (which is SSD) to (D): (which is HDD). I restarted Spotify. After that I noticed when I looked at folder sizes that not...

• Hello there, I changed the storage location for Spotify library in the settings of Spotify program. I changed it from my (C): drive (which is SSD) to (D): (which is HDD). I restarted Spotify. After ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify Skipping then Stops

Sometimes I will skip a song then it'll skip everysong for about 5 seconds in the playlist or album until it comes to a stop. I can't play the next song, play previous song, change the time, play a new playlist or album. The same thing happens on mob...

• Sometimes I will skip a song then it'll skip everysong for about 5 seconds in the playlist or album until it comes to a stop. I can't play the next song, play previous song, change the time, play a n...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! App not working correctly. Coloured blocks obscuring view since Spotlight effect update.

Anyone know when an update to resolve this is happening? Have reinstalled the app. Windows 10. Noticed this has been happening since that visual "spotlight" effect was introduced.

spotify.jpg
  • Casual Listener
  •   Anyone know when an update to resolve this is happening? Have reinstalled the app. Windows 10. Noticed this has been happening since that visual "spotlight" effect was introduced. &nbs...
  • IguanaSetup
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Windows
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

PLEASE tell me I can custom sort my playlists???

Hi y'all, i am going crazy trying to find a way to sort my playlist. Am using window desktop (was on the online one) now, got it hoping to be albe to have some control over the lists. Not possible?? Seems you can ONLY sort Alpahbetically (huh? who ca...

• Hi y'all, i am going crazy trying to find a way to sort my playlist.  Am using window desktop (was on the online one) now, got it hoping to be albe to have some control over the lists.  Not...
  • ksol1460
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 1 likes