Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Issue: Spotify automatically adding songs to a playlist and messing it up

Issue: Spotify automatically adding songs to a playlist and messing it up

Plan

Premium

Country

Hungary

Device

PC

Operating System

Windows 10

My Question or Issue

So something really weird happened yesterday. I was just listening to some songs from my various playlists as I normally do, and Spotify decided to add every single one of them to the beginning of one of my playlists without me telling it to do anything. Some of those songs were already in the playlist, those just got replaced and brought up to the start.

9 Replies

Hey there @Emryss!

Thanks for reaching out to us. This does sound quite odd and we'll do our best to help you figure it out.

We'd recommend that you start off by logging in on your Account page and going to ''Apps'' in the menu on the left side.

There you can check if there are any third party apps listed that you don't recognize and make sure to "Remove Access" for those.

If you'd like help with reverting your playlists back to an earlier date, you can get in touch with our support here and they should be able to help out.

Hope this info helps. We'll be here if you have any other questions. 

ElenaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

These are all the apps I have allowed on my profile. I disabled a few but the issue still persists.

I have also noticed a weird yellow border around my Spotify client that appears sometimes as of recently, don't know if that has anything to do with it.

Here is an image of the yellow border and the messed up playlist

Emryss_1-1591650949510.png

Thanks for getting back to us @Emryss!

Do songs get added only to that playlists? 

Could you also perform a clean reinstall of the app with the steps here to make sure that all old files that might be causing trouble are gone?

It's also important that you re-download it from the Microsoft store.

When it comes to the apps that have access to your account, we'd recommend removing Spotify statistics to see if that would make a difference for you.

We don't have an official Spotify integration that shows you detailed listening stats and we can't guarantee that third-party apps work as intended. 

Keep us in the loop!

ElenaModerator

Hey, thanks for the reply!

I have tried everything you suggested, but the issue has not been resolved as of yet. 

Regarding your question, yes, it only adds songs to that one playlist real-time.

Alrighty @Emryss!

Could you try following the steps here so that we can be sure that you account is secure?

Do songs get added when you listen only on desktop or does it happen with the web player and mobile as well?

Thanks for the cooperation on this! Give us a shout when you have an update.

ElenaModerator

Hey,

I've been testing and was able to replicate the problem using the web player, but not the app on my iPhone. Also, the yellow border is unrelated to the issue as it is merely the indicator of the Streamlabs OBS capturing the window.

Okay, the problem seems to have fixed itself now. I have no idea why, though.

Hey,

The issue has reappeared again, and I think I might have found the root cause or at least some sort of correlation related to the problem and Streamlabs OBS.

I've found that, when I use Streamlabs and listen to Spotify at the same time, it seems to add the songs to my playlist. I don't know if it is because I'm recording it real-time and displaying the current song on the stream, or if I even have to be live in order to reproduce the issue. I'll try to test a little more and keep you updated on exactly what conditions need to be met for the issue to appear.

In the meantime, could you guys take a look into it?

Thanks in advance.

Suggested posts