Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • pastasås
  • Casual Listener
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes
  • 66 replies
  • 23 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Edwardont
  • Casual Listener
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 251 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Solved!! The songs will skip automatically once i play start

PlanPremiumCountryMalaysiaDevice(MSI)Operating System(Windows 10)My Question or IssueThe songs would not play and they will skip automatically. i had tried to uninstall and install the app but the same issue is still happening. I've also checked my w...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Malaysia Device (MSI) Operating System (Windows 10) My Question or Issue The songs would not play and they will skip automatically. i had tried to uninstall and install ...
  • thatguy214
  • Casual Listener
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlist Picture

How do you copy and save the collage playlist picture that Spotify creates. I DO NOT want to add a new picture. I want to save the current one to post on fb.

• Casual Listener
  • How do you copy and save the collage playlist picture that Spotify creates.  I DO NOT want to add a new picture. I want to save the current one to post on fb.
  • Sebasty
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution [Desktop] PC app keeps popping up the error code 4

PlanPremiumCountryUnited KingdomDeviceHome Desktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueHello.I have honestly tried everything to make the error code 4 go away from the PC app.Unless there is an ongoing issue with just the app, I don't kn...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country United Kingdom Device Home Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Hello. I have honestly tried everything to make the error code 4 ...
  • Xenia
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs keep getting randomly removed from my playlist, even though they're still on Spotify

PlanPremiumCountryUAE, card for payment based in JordanMalaysiaJordanDeviceSamsung A8, Samsung S5Operating SystemAndroid My Question or IssueI know that some songs get removed because of copyright issues, but this is different, songs just keep gettin...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country UAE, card for payment based in Jordan Malaysia Jordan Device Samsung A8, Samsung S5 Operating System Android   My Question or Issue I know that some songs get re...
  • prasfg-_t213
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Troubleshooting
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Spotify muting and playing different songs randomly

PlanPremiumCountryUruguayDeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWith no reason apparently(Tested even without touching anything in the PC), while reproducing any song, Spotify mutes the song and in some more rare cases not only t...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country Uruguay Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue With no reason apparently(Tested even without touching anything in the PC), while reprodu...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes
  • mute
    muting
    unusable
  • 10 replies
  • 2 likes

Using Spotify Desktop app causes my PC to crash with Kernel 41 Error

PlanPremiumCountryPolandDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSo, since Spotify update from beginning of the March using Spotify Desktop app causes my PC to crash with Kernel 41 Error. It happens only when I use Spotify, I checked th...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country Poland Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue So, since Spotify update from beginning of the March using Spotify Desktop app causes my P...
  • Dzemik55
  • Regular
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

En Spotify Connect me aparecen dispositivos que no tengo y no me aparecen los que tengo

Hola a todos,Desde hace un tiempo, quizás cerca de un año ya, con la app Spotify para Windows no me aparece ninguno de los dos altavoces que tengo Sonos (Play 5 gen 2 i Move). Y aun mas extraño es que me aparece un Amazon FireTV Stick cuando yo no te...

• Hola a todos, Desde hace un tiempo, quizás cerca de un año ya, con la app Spotify para Windows no me aparece ninguno de los dos altavoces que tengo Sonos (Play 5 gen 2 i Move). Y aun mas extraño e...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Emojis don't have colour on desktop app

Yesterday, when adding emojis to playlist names on the desktop app, I'm almost certain they were displaying in colour. Returning to them today, they are only displaying in black and white. What can I do to restore them to colour again? This does not ...

• Casual Listener
  • Yesterday, when adding emojis to playlist names on the desktop app, I'm almost certain they were displaying in colour.   Returning to them today, they are only displaying in black and white. W...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes

The new search function is terrible

Don't have much more to say. The drop down style search of the previous versions was much much better. Bringing you to a whole different page is ridiculous.

• Casual Listener
  • Don't have much more to say. The drop down style search of the previous versions was much much better. Bringing you to a whole different page is ridiculous. 
  • hekemon
  • Music Fan
  • 7 replies
  • 15 likes
  • Windows
  • 7 replies
  • 15 likes

Solved!!Superuser Contribution Adding songs to my playlist

Hey! How do I add songs to my playlist, without having to leave my playlist page to go to each artist or band page? On android version of Spotify, I just go to my playlist and it say's add songs, or is this not available on desktop version?

• Casual Listener
  • Hey!   How do I add songs to my playlist, without having to leave my playlist page to go to each artist or band page? On android version of Spotify, I just go to my playlist and it say's...
  • Linkin_Park98
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Pantalla de inicio

¿Qué ha sucedido con la pantalla de inicio? Ahora solo se puede ir a las opciones "explorar" y "radio", la opción de "inicio" donde aparecían las reproducciones recientes y las sugerencias de spotify ya no está disponible.

•    ¿Qué ha sucedido con la pantalla de inicio? Ahora solo se puede ir a las opciones "explorar" y "radio", la opción de "inicio" donde aparecían las reproducciones recientes y las sugerenc...
  • BetoJp
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unable to remove "greyed out" song from Liked Songs

PlanFreeCountryUSDeviceSurface ProOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueThere are number of songs that are greyed out in my "Like Songs" list. I'm unable to un-like or remove the songs from the list. They also don't play. The Web Player, IOS,...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Free Country US Device Surface Pro Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue There are number of songs that are greyed out in my "Like Songs" list.  I'm unable to un-like or...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • liked songs
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Auto-downloading on Windows - slowing down computer

PlanPremium FamilyCountryUSADeviceLenovo laptopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhen I open the Spotify app on my PC, I get a message on the left-hand pane that says "Downloading song X of X". My computer runs extremely slow while it's ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Family Country USA Device Lenovo laptop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue When I open the Spotify app on my PC, I get a message on the left-hand pane that...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No sound with Jabra Link 360

PlanPremiumCountryUSDeviceLenovo ThinkpadOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueI use Jabra wireless headset with Jabra Link USB. I hear audio from internet, iTunes, phone calls, etc. Not Spotify. Do I have a setting issue?

•   Plan Premium Country US Device Lenovo Thinkpad Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue I use Jabra wireless headset with Jabra Link USB. I hear audio from internet, ...
  • Blunderpup
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Default Offline Storage Directory

Seen a lot of this question, but no actual answer.Get this; I downloaded some music, then changed default directory without memorizing the default address, so I cannot find the old downloads to remove them.All I need to know is the DEFAULT address fo...

• Casual Listener
  • Seen a lot of this question, but no actual answer. Get this; I downloaded some music, then changed default directory without memorizing the default address, so I cannot find the old downloads to rem...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Downloaded music storage
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

HELP! I can't download Spotify from the Spotify Installer,

PlanPremiumCountrySwedenDevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueYesterday my Spotify worked fine but now suddenly this morning, I couldn't open it so I tried removing but it's still there so I tried to reinstall from the installer but ...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Sweden Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Yesterday my Spotify worked fine but now suddenly this morning, I couldn't open it so I tried r...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Songs pause constantly

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevice(All Devices)Operating System(All OS's have been tested) My Question or IssueSongs pause after 10 seconds on Windows, less on Android and iOS. I've tried everything available on this community and Google. It looks like a ye...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device (All Devices) Operating System (All OS's have been tested)   My Question or Issue Songs pause after 10 seconds on Windows, less on Android and iOS.&nbsp...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Error 117 then 17

PlanFreeCountryUSADeviceDesktopOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSo I have been getting the error 117 and I was searching online and nothing worked so I tried to reinstall and then I keep getting error 17 during the instillation process,...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free Country USA Device Desktop Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue So I have been getting the error 117 and I was searching online and nothing worked so I tried to...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Firewall may be blocking spotify

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePcOperating SystemWindows My Question or IssueWhenever I try to log in it says error 30 fire wall may be blocking spotify blah blah Im sure you guys know what it is cause its been posted a million times before. But for me i...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device Pc Operating System Windows   My Question or Issue Whenever I try to log in it says error 30 fire wall may be blocking spotify blah blah Im sure...
  • Ivan
  • Spotify Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Preview Songs on Spotify Desktop for Windows?

I'm using Spotify Desktop for Windows (the Win32 program, not the Windows Store App) and I've been wondering if it's possible to preview a song like you can in the Android App. There you can play a about 10 second long preview of a song. Can you do t...

• Music Fan
  • I'm using Spotify Desktop for Windows (the Win32 program, not the Windows Store App) and I've been wondering if it's possible to preview a song like you can in the Android App. There you can play a a...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Desktop
    preview
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes