Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Desktop (Windows)

Discuss Spotify for Windows

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Desktop: Jam now available

Spotify is bringing Jam to the desktop app! 拾 ️ Now you can start or join a listening party with your friends, family, colleagues, and classmates, with the Spotify desktop app in addition to the mobile app. Although you can listen on your own, Jam in...

Start Jam Menu - Desktop App.png Queue Right Sidebar.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • SaylorDustin
  • Casual Listener
  • 75 replies
  • 24 likes
  • 75 replies
  • 24 likes

Desktop: New "Now Playing View" sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new "Now Playing View" sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player to go along with the recently released "Your Library" sidebar. Together, the individually customizable design of these new views provides a richer experience, m...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • giovlms
  • Regular
  • 264 replies
  • 21 likes
  • 264 replies
  • 21 likes

New Your Library sidebar

Spotify is introducing a new Your Library sidebar in the desktop app and Web Player. The new Your Library sidebar is rolling out to all desktop users now, so you will be seeing it soon if you haven't already. The new Your Library sidebar improves nav...

Sidebar Tips.png Desktop Sidebar Compact View.png Compact Layout.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 6 likes

[Troubleshooting] Windows

Having trouble with the Spotify desktop app? Here’s a step-by-step guide to help get things working again. What to try first Perform a soft reset (generally rebooting the device will suffice). If that doesn’t help, try a clean reinstall. Be sure to l...

• Spotify Legend
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes
  • Mac
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 26 likes

Superuser Contribution The music stops after a few seconds

Spotify doesn't play songs and when it does it makes me listen to only 6 seconds of the songs.Unable to play the current songI also encountered another problem ...on some albums there are songs that cannot be played.Help! 6 seconds and the song stopS...

1.png Immagine.png
  • Music Fan
  • Spotify doesn't play songs and when it does it makes me listen to only 6 seconds of the songs. Unable to play the current song I also encountered another problem ... on some albums there are songs...
  • GAEX79
  • Music Fan
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes
  • he music stops after a few seconds
  • 5 replies
  • 1 likes

Username is a bunch of random characters

Please spotify, fix this.. I have chosen a username (had even to take a new one because I already had one and now I can't get my original one, great!) as suggested in another thread, and it didn't help of course In the Desktop App and on Web my usern...

• Casual Listener
  • Please spotify, fix this..  I have chosen a username (had even to take a new one because I already had one and now I can't get my original one, great!) as suggested in another thread, and it di...
  • LauM1
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Autoplay is having issues

PlanPremiumCountryNetherlandsDeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10My Question or IssueSpotify does not autoplay random songs at the end of the playlist, even though it's checked. i've reinstalled spotify, i've reset my hosts file, i've checked a...

•   Plan Premium Country Netherlands Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10 My Question or Issue Spotify does not autoplay random songs at the end of the playlist, even though it'...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • autoplay
    Spotify
    Windows
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Desktop Player freezes when I try to play any song

PlanPremiumCountryBrazilOperating SystemWindows 7PlayerDesktop PlayerPlayer version1.1.31.703.g256add22 My Question or IssueWhen I start the desktop app it shows that I'm listening to nothing, then when I try to play some song, it freezes in 0:00, so...

• Plan Premium Country Brazil Operating System Windows 7 Player Desktop Player Player version 1.1.31.703.g256add22   My Question or Issue When I start the desktop app it shows that I'm...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Queue disappears after restarting PC

PlanPremiumOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhenever I play an album and restart my PC, the entire queue disappears and the last song I played remains. THe only thing left in the queue are 2 blank songs with a length of NaaN, no artist,...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Whenever I play an album and restart my PC, the entire queue disappears and the last song I played remains. THe only thing l...
  • Mr_boombaw
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Will Only Play Local Files - "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your com..

PlanPremiumCountryUnited States DeviceDesktop AppOperating SystemWindows My Question or Issue Spotify Desktop App suddenly will not stream.Error message: "Spotify can't play this right now. If you have the file on your computer you can import it" I t...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country United States   Device Desktop App Operating System Windows   My Question or Issue   Spotify Desktop App suddenly will not stream. Error messa...
  • Huaerrgh
  • Visitor
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • import
    local
    stream
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Black box blocks part of screen (win10 firefox web player)

PlanFreeCountry DeviceLenovo ideapadOperating SystemWindows 10, Firefox My Question or IssueThis is my screen (see attachment). Been like this for a year now, already posted about this. No add-ons or anything activated. Deleting the HTML

gets rid of

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Free Country   Device Lenovo ideapad Operating System Windows 10, Firefox   My Question or Issue This is my screen (see attachment). Been like this for a year now, al...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! My account was hacked, and now I can't download music.

PlanFree/PremiumCountryUnited StatesDevice(iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) These devices aren't mine, the only devices I have on my account are my Windows 10 PC and my Samsung Galaxy S10e. All of the ones shown are from whoever hac...

• Visitor
  • Plan Free/Premium Country United States Device (iPhone 8, Samsung Galaxy 9, Macbook Pro late 2016) These devices aren't mine, the only devices I have on my account are my Windows 10 PC and my Sa...
  • OneByBoo
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Won't download music
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Random weird playlist appeared on my account and obstruct with my play time

PlanPremiumCountryMalaysiaDeviceSamsung S10eOperating SystemAndroid 10 My Question or IssueIt's been happening for quite a few weeks now, almost every single time I open my Spotify on my phone especially around 1300 to 1800 (GMT+8) I always saw songs...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Malaysia Device Samsung S10e Operating System Android 10   My Question or Issue It's been happening for quite a few weeks now, almost every single time I o...
  • Emilia_8
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Can't play Local Files/Windows Error

PlanPremiumCountryChile DeviceHP 250 G6 Notebook PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueSo, as the title says, I can't play Local Files from my computer: I can see them on the Local Files Tab, I can add them to a playlist, I can listen to t...

• Visitor
  • Plan Premium Country Chile   Device HP 250 G6 Notebook PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue So, as the title says, I can't play Local Files from my computer: I c...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

EQ on Desktop

Lets face it: an integral part of listening to music is adjusting the equalizer. The mobile app has an equalizer, and it is about time the desktop version has an equalizer too. Even if it doesn't come with presets, it should be customize-able for the...

• Lets face it: an integral part of listening to music is adjusting the equalizer. The mobile app has an equalizer, and it is about time the desktop version has an equalizer too. Even if it doesn't com...
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes
  • Desktop
    eq
    Equalizer
  • 0 replies
  • 5 likes

Songs being skipped Rapidly

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevicePC and iPhone XOperating SystemWindows 10 iOS 13.4.1 My Question or IssueWhen spotify opens up on my PC songs start to skip rapidly for no reason and I'm not able to skip songs myself. I have Signed out of all devices, Unin...

• Casual Listener
  •   Plan Premium Country USA Device PC and iPhone X Operating System Windows 10 iOS 13.4.1   My Question or Issue When spotify opens up on my PC songs start to skip rapidly for no ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify PC no reproduce ninguna cancion

PlanPremiumCountry DevicePCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueTengo spotify en PC desde hace años y hoy ha dejado de reproducir todas las canciones, en las playlist o radio, cuando le doy a reproducir una canción, empieza a pasar de una e...

• Casual Listener
  • Plan Premium Country   Device PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Tengo spotify en PC desde hace años y hoy ha dejado de reproducir todas las canciones, en las p...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

No longer able to stream to Musicast speakers "Can't play this right now"

PlanPremiumCountryAustraliaDeviceWindows + iPhoneOperating SystemWindows 10 and iOS 13.4.1 My Question or IssueSpotify seems to have lost its ability to stream to the Musicast devices I have which has been working fine for a couple of years now. Ther...

• Visitor
  •   Plan Premium Country Australia Device Windows + iPhone Operating System Windows 10 and iOS 13.4.1   My Question or Issue Spotify seems to have lost its ability to stream to the...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Musicast
    Yamaha
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Windows Desktop player always starts my Liked songs from recently added regardless of sort order

Plan: PremiumCountry: USADevice: desktop computerOperating System: Windows 7/10 My Question or IssueI have more than 1000 songs in my Liked list. I can sort the list by tittle, artist, album, time added and duration. Desktop player keeps playing song...

• Plan: Premium Country: USA Device: desktop computer Operating System: Windows 7/10  My Question or Issue I have more than 1000 songs in my Liked list. I can sort the list by tittle, ar...
  • Elena
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution problem with ads on spotify web player

PlanFreeCountryEurope Device(Laptop)Operating System(Windows 10) My Question or IssueHello, I have a problem with spotify web player..I'm a FREE user and i'm using a laptop windows 10...I have tried every available browser (chrome,mozilla,opera,drago...

• Regular
  • Plan Free Country Europe   Device (Laptop) Operating System (Windows 10)   My Question or Issue Hello,   I have a problem with spotify web player..I'm a FREE user and...
  • verygoodnews201
  • Regular
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes
  • banner
    free account
  • 7 replies
  • 1 likes

WIndows desktop app gets stuck: won't play complete song, won't change songs

PlanPremiumCountryUSADeviceDell workstation, dual Xeon E5-2663, 2.8 GHz, 64 GB RAM, 1.5 TB free disk spaceOperating SystemWindows 10 Pro My Question or IssueI can use the spotify android app on my phone and spotify web player on my desktop computer (...

• Regular
  • Plan Premium Country USA Device Dell workstation, dual Xeon E5-2663, 2.8 GHz, 64 GB RAM, 1.5 TB free disk space Operating System Windows 10 Pro   My Question or Issue I can use the...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

'Hide this song' is not consistent with the IOS smartphone version

PlanPremiumCountryUKDeviceDesktop PCOperating SystemWindows 10 My Question or IssueWhy is 'Hide this song' not consistent with the IOS smartphone version, e.g. on Iphone > 'Your Library' > 'Albums' tab > any song > '...' icon gives the option to 'Hid...

• Music Fan
  • Plan Premium Country UK Device Desktop PC Operating System Windows 10   My Question or Issue Why is 'Hide this song' not consistent with the IOS smartphone version, e.g. on Iphone >...
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes

Superuser Contribution Playlists not syncing across multiple devices

PlanPremiumCountryUSADevice2 Windows PCs, iPhone8Operating SystemWindows 10, iOS13 My Question or IssueI use Spotify on two Windows 10 PCs and iPhone. All the 40+ playlists Ive created in the past 7+ years are visible on all devices. My main personal...

• Plan Premium Country USA Device 2 Windows PCs, iPhone8 Operating System Windows 10, iOS13   My Question or Issue I use Spotify on two Windows 10 PCs and iPhone.  All the 40+ playl...
  • Xenia
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Unable to play music due to ads not playing

I use the windows 10 desktop app and recently whenever I get an ad (I use the free version) the ad will NOT play, this means that in order to resume my music I have to completely restart Spotify to continue playing my music. The ad timer displays 0:0...

• I use the windows 10 desktop app and recently whenever I get an ad (I use the free version) the ad will NOT play, this means that in order to resume my music I have to completely restart Spotify to c...
  • RTWBart
  • Visitor
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes